5. In Love-- ish.

Anina sat alone in the living room, Daniel had left for work and Drew was at  his boyfriend's. She cradled a cup of coffee in her hands, thinking about the encounter she had the night before with Daniel.

She was aware of the feelings developing in her heart, she just thought she had them in check.

Memories of the emotional moment they had was flooding her mind, the burning kiss they shared, the way she felt when he touched her.  She buried her face in her palm in an attempt to block out the images. "Ooh how could I have been so stupid?...I should never have kissed him. Well...he did sort of kissed me back,"

"I did, didn't I?"

"Daniel!" She flinched at the sound of his voice. "I didn't hear you come in."

"Yeah, you were probably engrossed in your...thoughts." His gaze lowered to her lips and his hunger for her came pouring back. He quickly reverted back to her eyes but it didn't exactly help matters because he always found her golden eyes enchanting.

"Why are you home so early?" She tried changing the subject to lighten up the mood even though the air around them was heavy.

"I couldn't concentrate at work, had a lot on my mind."

"Right okay, well I'll be in my room."

"Anina wait, we need to talk."

Anina wasn't sure she was ready to talk about her feelings. She definitely wasn't sure she was ready to start dating yet. "Can it wait? I just remembered that I have to...do my laundry."

"Anina, please." She sat back down and waited for him to start. He sighed deeply and took a seat next to her. "Anina, I know you have feelings for me."

"Oh you see--"

"I think I have feelings for you too."

"You do?" She perked up, excitement suddenly building in her heart.

"Yes, but, I am not ready to put my heart out there just yet."

She wasn't ready to date either but hearing him say it felt like rejection, and it hurt her slightly. "Oh,"

"You're an amazing woman, and dating you would be wonderful I'm sure but--"

"You're not ready yet."

"Yes." He nodded.

"I understand and I feel the same way. Can I go now?"

"You're mad?"

"Mad?"

"Right. I keep forgetting, angry, are you angry?"

"No." She wasn't angry, rather she was disappointed. The man she was falling in love with didn't want her. "I'll be going to my room now and I'd like to be alone for a while."

"Okay."

<>★<>★<>★<>

A man laid  stomach down on the ground, he seemed to be in pain. "What is happening to me?" He groaned.

Anina couldn't see the person he was talking to because he was shielded by the shadows.

"Why...do I feel this way?" Every word coming from his mouth seemed to be spoken with force. "Help...me."

His skin was fiery red and he had hair, long and as white as snow. He  groaned in pain but no one helped him. His skin started to glow and he let out an agonizing shriek.