2. New Home.

"Welcome to my humble abode."

The house was very neat and very beautiful, strange, maybe but oddly alluring. "You have grass inside?"

"Hmm oh no. It's not grass, it's a rug."

"A...rug?," he nodded and she bent to feel the texture. "What's that?"

"A rug?"

"Yes."

"Oh, uh not sure I know how to explain that but... It's like a carpet."

"Oh?"

"You don't know what that is?"

"No. I do."

"Anina, where are you from? You said you don't have a house, no family, no job and in case you haven't noticed, your dress is pretty odd."

"My dress?, you are the one who's dressed rather oddly." He laughed and she wondered what was so funny about what she just said. "What is it?"

"Nothing, don't mind me. Well, like I said earlier, welcome to my home. Now I don't live alone, I have a roommate and he'll be here later."

She glanced around and her eyes landed on a huge black frame on the wall. "What is this?"

"That's a TV." He said simply but decided to explain more when she just stared blankly. "It's a television, you watch things on it."

"Things like?"

"Well, let me show you." He picked up the remote and turned it on. "See, now you can use this to change the channels."

"How does it work?, is it magic?"

"Technology. That's our magic."

"So...these people that you watch, who are they? And are they okay with you monitoring their life?"

"They're not exactly real. See they're acting."

"So it's fake?"

"Yes, they do it for our entertainment."

"Ohh...like a play?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Back at home we had different forms of entertainment. Dancing, singing, dragon dancing..."

"Dragon dancing?!"

"Yes, it's a traditional dance to celebrate the dragons of our land."

"Riiight. Anyway, you must be hungry so why don't I make something for you. I'd ask what you'd like but I doubt if you'd know anything from our menu."

"Right."

"Wait a second." He went inside a room and returned with some clothes. "Here you go." He handed her the materials with him. "That's a towel and some clothes to change into, so you go in there and take a shower then you come back and eat."

Anina stared at him for a second, everything that was happening was all overwhelming. She tried remembering what happened to her but she couldn't.

"Anina?, are you okay?"

"Yes it's just...I can't seem to recall what happened to me and how I got here."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sure you'll remember, it just might take time."

"Thanks. Now where did you say to go?... for the bath."