➼ Unknown Happenings.

Start from the beginning

"Then how come I had no idea about the fact that you were the reigning monarch of Ayodhya?"

"What does my position have anything to do with my identity, Radheya?"  She met his eyes with a languid stretch back, "If you are speaking of my families and kingdom's identities, I am not at a position to inform anyone of them. I have shared stories about them just without informing you about their names. Their identities are not mine to divulge. It is their choice." She noticed him considering her words, "Tell me, Suryaputra, did you divulge your position of a King to every  person you came across in the quest of creating Anga? I am a Queen, Radheya. I must think of my kingdom and it's secrets as long as I sit on its throne. I did not divulge your identity or tales to my family likewise. It is yours to inform. I will not take that choice for you just like I won't do the same to my family, Maharaja."

They stayed silent for a while. His gaze was blank as his eyes flickered between the calm waters and her own steady eyes. After a moment he chuckled.

"It's impossible to argue with you, isn't it?"

"Was I wrong?" She turned towards with him, as he came to sit beside her.

"No. Your way of seeing things are unique. I-I did not think like that." She smiled at the response, eyes flickering towards the moon. Her brows furrowed as she noticed something.

"Radheya, do you think it's going to rain?"

"No, why?"

"Then why are black clouds forming? The owls are also flying away as if from an incoming danger!"

Hastinapura – Servant Quarters

"Mahadeva! Where did I got stuck?"

KalingaKumari Bhanumati was stuck in a very bad situation. She had not thought that an excursion would lead to such a big problem.

Her father, Maharaja Chitranjan of Kalinga has been indifferent towards her from childhood days. Her late mother was his first wife Priyamvada, who died from poisoning when she was twelve years. Her parents never had a normal or a happy marriage. Like almost every King of Aryavarta, even her father had married more than once after she was born. Her step-mother, Maharani Anandini was a beautiful woman with a cunning mind. Just after a year of their marriage, twin sons were born to them. Her mother and her became even more neglected by her father.

Now, as she had reached the cusp of adulthood, her step-mother had started to whisper about her marriage. She was sure that like every princess out there, even she won't have a say in the matter. Thankfully her Swayamvara got postponed on the account of Hastinapura's only princess Swayamvara. She was glad that she had time to do take some decision before being prosecuted in front of the fire (marriage). She had with clever steps managed to runaway before her entourage could reach Hastinapura to represent Kalinga in the Swayamvara as an audience.

Hence she was in hiding now in the disguise of a Hastinapura maid. And being given work like one! Usually in royal household, the workers are always kept under control. Their identities and backgrounds were checked as well. There were always a chance that a neighboring King who harbored enmity could attack with poisons or sneak attacks like infiltration, like the recent case was in Panchala-Hastinapura war. At least that's what she had heard. But, at the moment due to the upcoming wedding several temporary workers were being hired and allotted. She had joined within them to disguise her own escape.

And she was stuck — A princess working like a common worker! She remembered the embarrassment she felt when she understood that she was sent to the Kuru prince's chamber to select his clothes and jewels. Apparently male workers weren't available at the moment with most of them being deployed to help the AngaNaresha with something. She was nearly caught by two more princes!