"I hope you don't blame yourself for the way she is."

"After being so mentally abused by her I started thinking "maybe I am a whore, a slut, a bastard, the worst thing on earth" it took me a long time to finally get her negative words out my head and start believing I was beautiful, worthy, and nothing was wrong with me"

"Nah, ain't nothing wrong with chu Shawty."

"What about you? You plannin' on staying in Chucalissa?"

"I'on kno. I got to much shit to try and figure out before I can even think about going back to Texas." I told her.

"Is that why you were meeting with that man?"

"Yeah, I need to figure out who put a hit out on me and my crew. You worked at Club Platinum, right?"

"No. I only danced from time to time. My brother is diagnosed with schizophrenia and the medicine he takes keeps him calm. The night of the shooting I noticed he didn't have any more medicine and the only money I had saved up was for rent so that we wouldn't be put out. So, I decided to go strip at the club to get money for his medicine. That was the worst decision I could have ever made that day."

"Who was the gurl that was shot in front of you?"

"It was a new gurl. She was so young. I had spoke with her for a little bit in the back before we came out. I can't believe she was shot right in front of me. I never experienced someone dying like that."

"I'm close to figuring this shit out and soon enough it'll be safe for me and you to go back to Texas."

"I don't think I want to go back anymore."

"You gotta go back, at least to find your brother and bring him back here with you."

"What have you found out so far?"

"Just that it's some people moving drugs through tha club. Some new people that ain't nobody ever seen or heard of."

"You got a picture?"

I pulled out my phone and handed it to her.

"Just some light skinned dude dressed in all black with huge chains around his neck and shades on."

"I don't ever remember seeing anyone like this in the club, at least not on the days that I was there."

'That's how I know it's some niggahs from out of town. I guess they was trying to eliminate any competition."

"They out to eliminate me now."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." I told her.

"How you gone protect me when I was the one that saved your life remember?" She laughed.

"Wow so a niggah drop his gun one time and you want all the credit?"

"Um hell yeah. I saved your ass." She said rolling her neck.

"Thank you, Winter, for saving my life...happy now?"

"That'll do for now...bring me food for the rest of the week and then we can call it even."

"What's your real name?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I just stared at her waiting for her to answer my question.

"December Cold Nights."

"December?"

"Yep, when I asked my dad growing up why they named me December he said he had no say so in it. Said that was my mom's favorite month. He said she had the name ready before I was even born."