Pride Before the Fall

(y/n) POV

I was doing some repairs to my arm since a beam fell on it, "Damn, I'll have to call her." I said, "Here let me help." a man said as he used alchemy to repair my arm to an extent. "Wow, that's amazing." I said as I looked up at him, "G-Grandfather!" I said in shock as I jumped back prepared to draw my sword, "Wait! I'm not who you think I am! My name is Van Hohenheim!" he said as he fell on his butt.

"So you're a homunculus?" Van said, "Yep I'm the new Lust." I said, "You seem down, what's wrong?" He asked, "I hurt someone without meaning to. She was so kind to me and then I was so cruel to her." I said, "Then give her a call!" Rose said, "W-What I-I couldn't!" I said flustered, "CALL HER!" they said as they forced the phone into my hands, I sighed and hesitantly dialed the numbers, "H-Hi Izumi, it's (y/n). I was hoping I could see you again." I said embarrassed, "Y-Yeah, thank you." I said as I hung up the phone, "Well?" Rose said, "She said she wanted to see me too." I said, "Whelp back to work!" I said as I got up and tried to walk away, but Rose picked me up by my jacket! "OH NO YOU DON'T! YOU HAVE A DATE TO GET READY FOR!" she snapped, "A date?!" I said in shock.

I took a train to Dublith and met Izumi. "It's lovely to see you again, (y/n)." Izumi said happily.

We went out for lunch,  but we were interrupted by some jerk with a cannon for an arm causing a riot. "Pardon me, I'm gonna go talk to them about keeping it down." I said calmly, "I'll go with you." Izumi said as we walked to the man and tapped him, "SHUT UP!" We snapped as Izumi kicked him in the stomach and I destroyed his automail, suddenly I sneezed "Someone must be talking about you." Izumi said, suddenly a fox zipped through the street and tackled me, "A-Aoi?!" I said happily as she licked me. "If you're here then so is Riza!" I said happily, then I saw the note, and the happiness of potentially getting to see her again vanished. "What's wrong?" Izumi asked, "It's nothing, just a goodbye." I lied as I crumpled the note that read '(y/n) I'm returning Aoi to you. Hopefully, you gave up on wanting to kill Mustang, but if not, then I'll be forced to take you down. R.'.

Izumi POV

I could tell that something was wrong since (y/n) was forcing himself to seem happy, 'He looks heartbroken, poor thing. I wonder what happened?' I thought as we ate.