⋅14. The trial⋅

Mulai dari awal

I noded. Elijah stood up.

-Accusations brought by Isobel Marie Voltouri, Queen of Italy. Supernatural being, level 15, ouijia. Accused Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, supernatural being, level 5, vampire. Mind-reader.

It's been such a long time since I last heard the begging of a trial, and most of my titles. The levels stand for what type of supernatural being we are. From level 1 to 3 there are the ones born being supernatural, ascendent from family. (Witches, wizards, werewolves, fairies etc). From level 4 to 6 are the ones who were bitten/transformed, the state of being supernatural being induced (werewolves, vampires, bitten-ouijias etc). The level 7 to 9 are supernatural beings who were born. Without having that gene in their family history whitin 100 to 150 years. They are rare, miracles even. The tenth and 11 level are for hibrids. Interspecies. I would normally be somewhere around level 10 or 11, but since I am the last ouijia alive, I'm the highest level, 15. Because, somehow, I am a bit of every level.

-Excuse me? A voice interrupted my thoughts. What was the last accusation?

The voice was Rosalie's. She frowned.

-Elijah, please, repeat the list, I asked.

Elijah nodded.

-Heads of accusations : Runaway, Went rogue, killing approximately 2,350 humans, mostly still un-drained of blood without other wounds... Except for... Well, the wound that caused the death, 30 hijacks, used vampire abilities for getting money and other possessions. Accused of killing 10 other vampires, 5 from Queen's guard, heavily harmed a member of his clan at his departure....

Rosalie bit her lip. She was furious.

-And from whom comes that accusation? She asked.

Emmett took a step forwards, he bowed his head a little.

-I did, Rosalie... I only thought there would A accusation. Two, tops. I never thought he would do so much.

Rosalie turned around and glanced at him. Well, they better not start fighting in my throne room. The servants just cleaned the floor.

-Rosalie, I said, he went rogue. Even if that was the only accusation, it's still the most important. It's forbidden. I haven't fought that many wars, I haven't lost so many people so that he, I pointed at Edward, or anyone else to be rogue. You want to be part of a clan, alright, you want to be on your own, alright. But never rogue. We've got to keep track of every supernatural being in this world, plus the humans.

Rosalie blinked. Then blinked again. And again and again until tears start falling on her cheeks. I have never seen Rosalie with such emotions. I thought she was stone-like.

-Bella, I am begging you. He is my brother, our brother, their son, she pointed at Esme and Carlisle. You can't just sentence him to death.

I sighed heavily. This is one on those trials. Couldn't say I missed them.

-Edward did much more than Elijah said, what he said were the official accusations, I haven't added mine. He harassed me.

-But your majesty, Elijah intervine, the list continues, he also attacked 5 werewolves, killed 2 of them. And...

-That's enough, Elijah. We've heard them. He broke at least half of the rules. There's nothing we can do to save him.

I finished, and the Cullens gasp. They started walking towards Edward, hugging him, talking to him. There were tears, lots of them. But not from him. No, he was emotionless. His bloody red eyes were perching at the ground. His lips moved so slowly that I thought I imagined it.

-You will let me go... You will forgive me... You will let me go... You will forgive me.

I stood up. Elijah was already walking towards the group.

-Edward Cullen, I, Isobel Marie Voltouri, I sentence you to death for all the accusations. You're sentence by all the murders, you didn't obey the rules. The fact that you are trying to plant a thought my mind, it will only bring you another accusation.

Carlisle turned to me. I never saw him this affected, about anything.

-Bella, please, think this trough. Give him another chance, I am begging you.

-Another one, Carlisle? Did he gave another chance to all those people? Those vampires? Those werewolves? They were all my kind. He killed so much of them, he needs to be finished. Is the only way.

Carlisle came in front of my throne. He climbed the 3 steps and was in front of me. He lean towards me and whisper something in my ear. I noded.

-Elijah, please, I asked him because he was glancing at Carlisle. Of course he knows what he said, and now he is disobeying my authority. He finally noded and exited the room in vampire speed.

Carlisle gave me a smirk and went back to his son. They were gathered all around Edward. Elijah come back in a matter of minutes, with a long furry thing over his shoulder. He toss it in front of Edward.
-What is this? He asked.

-A puma. Animal blood. If I hear you are on human blood, ever again, I will snap you neck with my bear hands. This is the last chance you get. Voltouri don't give second chances.