Sneaking In

"You didn't have to bring me here Leonardo. I know I've not been easy to work with." Alexis says as she is in the sewers inside a hidden lair with the brothers.

"I know but I also know what family means to people. It can be hard especially when you have lost people before. You're only trying to protect your family and keep from getting hurt again. I understand. Truly I do." Leonardo says as Alexis smiles at him before Alexis noticed the large rat named Splinter walking up to her.

"Uh hi." Alexis says nervously as Splinter chuckles.

"It is alright my dear. As I told you I do not bite. I am grateful that you are helping my sons." Splinter says.

"Oh heh. You're welcome. But I'm honestly just happy they're helping me. I wouldn't be getting this far without them." Alexis says sheepishly.

"Here. I would like for you to have this." Splinter says as he holds out a sword.

"A sword? Why?" Alexis asks.

"You will need when going in to face the unknown. Plus my son has told me of your last encounter with him as well as your particular skills. If you can handle his katana I'm certain you can handle this sword. Consider my thank you." Splinter says kindly.

"Thank you." Alexis says as she takes the sword while smiling kindly.

"I think this plan is gonna work." Leonardo says as he lays out small items on a rug in a pattern.

"No plan ever survives contact with the enemy. It is how you react to the unexpected that will determine if you and your brothers succeed." Splinter says.

"Sensei do you think I'm ready for this?" Leonardo asks curiously.

"Leonardo I made you leader for a reason." Splinter says.

"What is that reason?" Leonardo asks as Alexis looks at him.

"That is for you to discover on your own." Splinter says.

"There's so much riding on this. What if something goes wrong?" Leonardo asks.

"Failure is a possibility every leader must face Leonardo. It is something I had to face in Japan during my final battle with my enemy the Shredder. Years ago Oroku Saki as Shredder was called then had been my friend. But the love of a woman came between us. He could not accept it and his jealousy turned outward in a vengeful attack. And while he could not defeat me that day my world fell and crumbled around me as the battle took the life of my beloved Tang Shen and I lost my baby daughter Miwa." Splinter says as he looks down.

"But that's my point Sensei. You lost everything." Leonardo says.

"I lost many things. My family, my home, my name. But I gained many things as well like the four of you." Splinter says as he smiles.

"Don't worry. We can handle this." Leonardo says determinedly.

"And I'll be there to help your sons. I might not have trusted them at first but... I do now. I wanna make up my behavior before." Alexis says as she smiles softly at Leonardo.

"I am happy my sons have met you. It brings me joy to know they have a friend who will help them." Splinter says as Alexis smiles before she, Splinter and Leonardo hear screaming and see Raphael.

"Get back here!" Raphael shouts as he is chasing a screaming Michealangelo as Alexis chuckles slightly.

*Timeskip*

"Wow. Lucky thing that van showed up to distract them." Michealangelo says as the group is watching the van crash as Kraang investigate it with Snake below while scaling a wall.