Chapter 03: [edited] Our first conversation wasn't...

Start from the beginning

"Can I leave now, benefactor?" she asked and he tilted his head. He liked the way she was asking for permission.

Humans were beneath him, that is the way they should hold themselves in front of him as well.

"What for? You said you don't have a family nor friends, so why would you have to go back?" he continued with his questions and she sighed.

Those with arrogance seeped deep in their bones sure are unreasonable.

"I'd like to take care of my injuries, benefactor," she said hiding her injured leg under the hem of her skirt making him blink few times. He sniffed the air, and there certainly was the metallic smell of her blood.

He didn't really give a damn, but the mating bond wasn't a joke. He only needs relax for a second and the next moment he'll no longer be in control of his own body.

"Show me," he demanded making her raise her head and come face to face with his white eyes and black irises.

"Don't worry, sir. I'll take care of it. There's no need for you to..." she started but was interrupted with a cold question from him.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" the murderous look in his eyes rendered her speechless and unable to move.

"N-no, sir," she stuttered before lifting her skirt just above her knees and showing him her legs. She was careful since she wore nothing else, but then again she didn't have what to wear. Only elites and mates had that privilege.

"Tell me, were there any other vampires than this one?" he asked before taking one of her legs and trailing his tongue across her injury making her bit her lip. That stung!

"Y-yes, sir," she answered as he got the another injury "Tw-two more..." he rose his head at that.

"Where? What happened?" he hissed and she flinched by that murderous look in his eyes.

"Near the waterfall... They are unconscious, though," she replied.

"What? How?" he asked again, dumbfounded by her answer. Those were vampires, not some random humans who attacked her.

"I..." was it smart to tell him? But then again, he'd probably force her to tell him later, "I shoot them with arrows that had silver on them," she admitted waiting for him to start yelling or who knows what at her for attacking a higher creature.

Even if you did nothing wrong, you still need to let them kill you and not protest - such was the bearing humans had around those above them. Unreasonable, but such was the reality of the wold she lived in.

"Oh..." he was, however, dumbfounded once again. She knew how to kick an ass or two, she brought down two vampires they couldn't catch for few weeks, "That's good. You did well and helped us catch those we were chasing," he said surprising her, before he lifted his feet close to his face.

"You shall be rewarded for your contributions," and with that he started licking her foot making her writhe from the tickles that brought with it.

"Stay still," he scowled and she bit her lip trying not to laugh, but failed miserably.

"You're a lost cause, human," he sighed before taking her other leg and started healing it. Wherever his tongue passed through, the injury would heal immediately. It was one of the powers vampires had, and he as a hybrid, had it as well.

His saliva had healing properties and for humans, it guaranteed that there won't be any infection or consequence left.

"There, go home now, human," he said once he was done and she slowly stood up checking her legs out. They didn't hurt at all and she could run freely now again.

"Thank you, benefactor," she slightly bowed to him and he simply nodded.

The girl had some manners after all - he thought.

Hybrids aren't that unreasonable as she imagined them to be. he was a bit arrogant and didn't hold her in his eyes, but at the very least, he didn't pounce on her like those three vampires.

Of course, it could also be that she was just unattractive and too plain for his taste, but better something than nothing.

"Is your village on the way to the waterfall?" he asked suddenly remembering.

"Um, yeah," she replied, she originally ran from there.

"I'll follow you to that place, I have to get those two fugitives as well," was all he said and she nodded. She wouldn't be able to convince him the other way anyway.

"Thank you for your protection, benefactor," she continued to act grateful to him anyway, in case he suddenly snapped or something.

'Sanya, do you know where's the waterfall in this area?'

Hybrids and supernatural had this way of talking to each other in a certain area called "mind-linking" and he was using that to talk to her.

'Yes I do, my King, what's the matter?' she immediately replied.

'A girl was attacked by the two of those vampires we were chasing. She injured them with silver arrows, so they are paralyzed now. Go and get them. The third one is around half a mile northwest from there. I'm taking her home, so I'll soon pass by the waterfall. Wait for me there,' he said and with that closed the mind-link.

Though it was possible to mind-link anyone as long as they're willing, only the superior ones could control such a mean of contact.

He glanced at the girl that is supposedly his beloved. She was placing the bow and the bag with arrows on her back standing like a true warrior and like nothing ever happened.

Interesting little human, but...

"Let's go," he said once she was done.

...after this, he would probably never see her again.

__________________
Done!
What do you think?
Vote & comment, I'd like to hear your opinion on this story.