Volume 2: Chapter 1 Part 4

Začít od začátku

Horikita was just a liaison. Regardless of how Kiyotaka responded, she would just proceed with the job without hesitation. When he thought about it, there really was no choice but to just accept and go see Nagumo Miyabi in the student council. He turned back to face his group.

"Sorry guys. If I ignore the student council president's orders, the rest will be troublesome."

He apologised to them. There was not much else he could do. He knew they would understand and have no choice but to accept the current situation.

"I guess we really have no choice then. Come see us in Pallet Cafe when you're done, Kiyotaka. We'll save a seat for you."

Reluctantly, Kei led everyone out of the classroom to have lunch. Kiyotaka then turned to Horikita who he saw mumbling something quietly in either astonishment or disgust.

"I'll be on my way there then. It's the student council room, right?"

"Yes. I'll report that to Yagami-kun."

"If you're exchanging contact information at the student council, wouldn't it be faster if the student council president Nagumo contacted you directly without going through Yagami?"

"The only person who exchanged contact information on the chat app in the student council is Yagami-kun because Yagami-kun requested it directly."

It sounded weird for a student council to not exchange contact information with its members. If there was ever a situation where each member needed to contact the other member, it would make sense to contact them directly if they had shared that information. However, it seemed that couldn't be done here. However, that wasn't Kiyotaka's problem so he didn't think too much of it.

He left the classroom with Horikita in tow. But when they got to the hallway, the two parted ways but not without Horikita adding: "I don't know what kind of reason you have, but I recommend that you try not to make him angry as much as possible."

As he walked through the school's hallways, Kiyotaka went back to his thoughts. For some reason, this reminded him of back when his father would randomly call him in the middle of his White Room curriculum activities. Before his change, he would usually be hanging out with Suzuki Shizuku, Ryuugo Tatsuya and Tousaka Haruno either playing a game of children's tag or reading some books they managed to snag from the White Room's library.

Every time he would be called by his father, the two would cause a dark atmosphere that his father's attendant would always dejectedly point out. He knew the exact same atmosphere wouldn't happen with him and Nagumo, but Kiyotaka couldn't help but wonder if something similar might happen.

A couple minutes later, Kiyotaka arrived in front of the student council room and knocked softly on the door. Soon after, the voice of Nagumo saying "come in" was heard from inside and Kiyotaka turned the door knob, opened the door and entered giving an "excuse me" before doing so. As he looked around, as expected, there was no other figure inside the student council room except for Nagumo Miyabi himself.

"Yo, Ayanokouji. Have you noticed any changes in your life lately?" Nagumo asked with a smirk as Kiyotaka stood near the front desk.

"Nothing in particular has changed... or I'd like to say so, but well, I do have some issues here and there."

Constant stares on Kiyotaka were nothing new to him. Being the "masterpiece" of the White Room, he was prone to constant stares from his peers and from people behind the glass. So the constant stares he was getting from the third years only felt like a fly just buzzing around his face and wouldn't go away.

Kiyotaka also intentionally didn't mention the information Nanase Tsubasa handed him about the revival of the "expel Ayanokouji Kiyotaka" special exam that should have ended already.