She was using her powers to bring her shoes and bag toward her when Steve caught them both as they were flying through the air.

When Amara gave Steve a confused look, he said, "No school today, we need you, we got a lead on Rumlow, the first one for months, and we need all the backup we can get."

"Okay."

Steve addressed everyone now, "Suit up, 5 minutes."

Amara made her way back up to her room and placed her things down to one side and then walked over to the far wall of her room. She used her powers to unlock the mechanism holding her suit from within - a genius idea from Amara herself, ensuring that only she would have access to her suit - and she put it on, quickly.

She met Pietro on the way out and questioned him on whether or not he'd be joining them.

"No, Stark assigned me with him for that university fund thing, he said that I need to become less dependent on Wanda, whatever that means. I'm protective, but I'm her brother and she's my only family, so of course, I will prioritise her safety over anybody else's," he said in reply.

"Yeah that makes sense, but I think that point is that you rely on her too much, you need to learn to fight without her, and she does, too," Amara replied, defending her father's choice.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Plus, working with new people means new... combo moves!"

"Yeah! I'll see you when I get back, yeah?"

"Yeah."

—————

The flight to Lagos was longer than she expected it to be, but Amara wasn't complaining, she had sat on the side with her earphones in, almost falling asleep and only disrupting this when Wanda nudged her awake for Steve's mission briefing.

It was a simple enough plan, set a perimeter and slowly close in on the suspects. They also had to recover a few vials of some unidentified substance.

And when they finally got there they readied themselves into positions. Amara, Wanda and Natasha sat at a coffee shop, separate tables, spaced far enough away from each other that they can each get a different scope of their surroundings, but still close enough to see each other in case they had to communicate.

Amara watched as Wanda adds a pack of sugar to her coffee and stirs it as she looks around her.

Suddenly Steve's voice comes through their earpieces, "All right, what do you see?" He said from his viewpoint from a hotel room window.

Wanda replied swiftly, "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street."

"It's a good target," Amara replied from the opposite table. She looked around trying to take note of everything around her.

Steve's voice was heard again through the radio, "There's an ATM in the south corner which means..."

"Cameras," Wanda replied, catching on.

"Both cross streets are one way," Steve continued.

"So compromised escape routes," Amara replied.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out," Steve said. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Wanda looked ahead, "Yeah, the red one, it's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha chimed in, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably us."

Wanda glanced over at Amara, taking a sip from her coffee, "You guys know we can move things with our minds, right?"

Amara smirked, "Just give us the word, we'll lift them up, take them out, easy peasy."