12. Him... with your kidnapper?

Începe de la început

You: I know. Thanks mom for understanding.

Mom: I wouldn't have, if it was any other guy in Jungkook's place.

You: What do you mean?

Mom: I have a feeling that he really likes you. Likes you very much in fact... I think it is much more than just a regular high school romance. I see love and respect for you, which is rare for a boy of his age.

You: Okay mom. Stop fangirling about him. He is just a regular school guy. I don't see anything special in him. We are both doing whatever we are, just to get noticed by other kids who could voice to the panel in PC, about our relationship when cross checked. Nothing more than that.

Mom: Have you ever thought of dating him in real? As in with true feelings?

You: No ways. He is too full of himself. He won't need me with him. He can get a better girl than me. So I am in no ways going to embarrass me in front of him.

After that you went straight to your room and locked the door as you knew your mom would definitely come back to have a girl talk with you. Just then you received a message. It was from Jungkook.

Message: Come over to my place for a movie tomorrow. We could have some more talk. The more time we spend together, the better. What do you say?

Your reply: umm.. I would love to, but you know that I have practice tomorrow. I don't think I would keep getting days off. Today was just lucky.

Jungkook message: You don't worry about anything. As long as you want to, I'll arrange. So what do you say?

Your reply: Alright. Irene will also be there so I would have fun, along with getting to know you.

Jungkook message: Just a head's up... Irene won't be home tomorrow. But, don't worry, I won't bite you. We can binge watch the famous series of XYZ and talk about ourselves.

Your reply: oh...okay...

Jungkook message: And if you want fun, we can have some real fun... the couple kinda fun...

Your reply: Shut up. I am not coming. Bye.

Jungkook message: It's just a joke, y/n. Please come. There are a lot more things I need to know about you.

Your reply: Okay. I'll be there. But if I have practice, I won't make it. So don't keep your hopes too high.

Jungkook message: Okay. Take care. Sleep well sweetheart...

Your reply: You too.

You in your mind: Did he just call me sweetheart again? Seriously, what's wrong with him? Anyways, I have practice tomorrow, so he'd have to watch the movie alone.

The next day, while you were leaving your house, your mom spoke to you.

Mom: I need to visit my friend again today. Take the house keys. I may reach here past lunch time.

You: I don't think I would need the keys today. We have practice so won't be home till late in the evening. You know that there are just a few more days for the sports meet. I need to work harder now.

Mom: Alright. Take care.

You: Bye mom.

You reached school and again you got half day off from the practice. You were again shocked and surprised. You noticed that your sports master didn't do much at the practice sessions like he used to do. He just did the basics and let you go off. You were well aware that he was avoiding any kind of eye contact with you. However, you shrugged it off and decided to speak to him in order to get more practice. You loved sports so you wanted to be perfect in it.

You: Sir, why are you giving me an off today as well? The sports meet is in a few more days and you were always making us practice harder as the day got closer. But this time you are a just letting me off. Do you really think that I have mastered it? Or do you not want me to get the title this time?

Sir: I think you should leave. Lets talk about you and your practice some time later.

You: Then I guess I don't need to leave from here. I chose to stay and practice for some more time.

Sir: I have given your slot to someone else already. You may leave. Be on time tomorrow. You need to perfect all your moves.

You: But tell me why should I leave, when I want to practice more myself?

Sir: I can't let you always be the star of attention. I need other kids to train harder as well. I feel you are good enough for now. Your fellow teammates need more practice, so it is important for me to focus on all rather than just one, because I know you can do well. Now leave. You are dismissed.

You felt bad that your sports sir spoke so firmly to you. He knew how serious you were about sports and he had always supported you with practices, even if it meant for him to take extra hours for you. You couldn't understand the sudden change in him. You then thought it is better not to argue with him and decided to go home.

You in your mind: Why is sir behaving like that with me? I hope he doesn't throw me out all of a sudden. So I guess I just need to go home now. OMO...mom won't be home and I don't have my house keys. What am I going to do now?

Then you remembered Jungkook. You took out your phone and read his message once again.

Message: Come over to my place for a movie tomorrow. We could have some more talk. The more time we spend together, the better. What do you say?

You in your mind: He did call me over, but didn't mention what time. So I guess I can go there. I am sure Irene would lend me some of her clothes for the time being.

Just as you neared Jungkook's house, you noticed a car. The same car in which you were kidnapped. You felt cold shivers run down your spine. You were a bit petrified and were not sure if you should hide or continue to his house. You don't know if your kidnapper was just round the corner waiting for you or something. You quickly hid near an abandoned car close to Jungkook's house. You stepped on something slippery and almost fell but you held your balance. But your clothes got dirty due to you rubbing to the car's side which was covered with mud.

You in your mind: What could the kidnapper want from me? Why is he here? Does he know that I would be here at this time? So is he waiting for me? What if he did something bad to Jungkook? After all Jungkook had saved me from them that day. 

Just then you saw the door of Jungkook's house open and the same guy who asked you to get in the car emerged out with Jungkook. The worst part was that...

they were smiling at each other and Jungkook just called him hyung and the guy responded with a full bow down. You were very confused. You held on to the hem of your skirt. Your hands had balled into fists with doubts and you were not able to think rationally.

You in your mind: Why is this guy here? What is Jungkook talking with him? Is he planning something with Jungkook to kidnap me? Is he bribing Jungkook? Or even worse, is he threatening Jungkook? But Jungkook doesn't look threatened at all. They are smiling like good friends or something. Are they friends? Does Jungkook work for that kidnapper? Is that why he wants to act like he is dating me? What exactly is he planning to do?