Chapter 12

Wen Ning's head was slightly lowered and his arms hung down, as if he was a marionette waiting for the orders of his master.

Sect Leader Yao exclaimed "So he called that the right hand of his"

His face was pale and delicate, and could be considered handsome in a melancholy sort of way.

Lan Wangji narrowed his eyes as his husband chuckled to him

However, there were no pupils in his eyes, but only a flat cloud of white, along with a number of black, cracking lines which climbed up his face from his neck, so the melancholy turned into a frightening gloom.

"I'm glad that you are back to your very much alive body A-ning" Wen Rouhan exclaimed

"T-Thank you uncle " Wen Ning said to his uncle who's now glaring the Jins

It wasn't hard to guess why all of the cultivators were scared out of their wits. Wei WuXian wasn't any calmer than any of them either. In fact, the storm in his chest had already crashed over the top of his head.

"Yeah, of course who wouldn't be that scared, we were all told that the ghost general were burnt in to dust"

It wasn't that Wen Ning shouldn't be here, but that Wen Ning shouldn't be in this world at all. He was turned into ashes even before the siege at Luanzang Hill.

Hearing the others call Wen Ning's name, Jin Ling's blade, which originally pointed at the direction of the soul-consuming goddess, couldn't help but to turn toward another direction.

"What are you doing you kid, that's the ghost general!"

Seeing that he was distracted, the soul-consuming goddess gladly extended her arm and picked him up.

"A-ling!" Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan exclaimed

As Wei WuXian saw her opened mouth approaching Jin Ling, he didn't have time to be surprised. He raised the wooden flute again, hands slightly shaking, and therefore, the notes that he played also trembled.

Jiang Yanli look at Wei Wuxian "Thank you A-xian"

"It's fine shijie" Wei Wuxian exclaimed

Aside from this, the flute was roughly crafted, so the sound produced could be described as coarse and unpleasant to the ear. With two notes, Wen Ning started to move.

"Very much unpleasant to the ear indeed!"

Within the blink of an eye, he had already shifted in front of the soul-consuming goddess. Wen Ning used the side of his palm and gave a blow. The soul consuming goddess's neck cracked, and although her body didn't move, her head was twisted around because of the force.

"Damn!" Some whistled

Wen Ning gave another blow with his hand, and the soul-consuming goddess's right hand, which was holding Jin Ling, was cleanly cut off.

'So it was Wen Ning was the one who saved Jin Ling from that goddess' Jiang Cheng thought

The viewers had stared at ghost general fighting the goddess with wide eyes 'so if the Yiling Laozu commanded it on the siege, for sure they would all be perished' they thought

He took a deep breath and commanded Wen Ning to fight. However, not long had passed, and he became even more shocked.

"What?"

Low-level corpses were unable to think on their own and needed his orders to lead them. Powerful fierce corpses, on the other hand, were usually delirious or unconscious. Yet, Wen Ning's case was different-he was created by Wei Wuxian, which meant that he could easily be called the strongest fierce corpse in the current world.