Blushing, Leni stammered and stood frozen in her spot, avoiding the other woman's gaze. To which, Risa laughed heartily. "Take it easy, Leni. Marami pa tayong oras para dyan. Right?"

"Right."

Before finally parting ways, Risa left a soft kiss on Leni's cheek. Leni grasped her arm before she could turn around. "I'm glad you found your way back to me, Risa."

"I am too. And I'm even more glad because you welcomed me back."

---------------

"That's it for today, class. I'll see all of you next week. Thank you," Leni bid her last group of students goodbye. One by one, they walked out of the classroom until no one was left there but the professor. Thursdays were her longest days of the week. Her classes stretched throughout the day, only making time for lunch and a little break in the afternoon.

Leni packed her things and exited the room, making her way to the faculty room.

"Professor Robredo," one of her colleagues called out.

"What is it?"

"A woman was looking for you earlier. I think she's outside by the grounds. We told her to wait for you since you were still in class."

Leni nodded, wondering who it could be that would visit her after work. In the evening, at that. She looked out the window then asked her colleague if she could see the woman from up there. The other professor nodded, pointing to a woman sitting by one of the benches, back turned from the window.

Even from that distance and an already dark setting at that, Leni already knew who it was.

"I'll get going. Take care on the way home and see you tomorrow!" Leni waved to her colleagues, slinging her bag over her shoulder, and climbing down the stairs.

She approached the woman on the bench and bit her lip, unable to stop the smile forming on her face. Placing one hand on the other woman's shoulder, she spoke. "Hi, what brings you here?"

"Leni!" Risa greeted, eyes instantly thinning into a line at how hard she was smiling. The senator's cheeks were pink, obviously shivering because of the cold weather. "Sorry, hi. I thought it would be nice to visit you."

The older woman laughed, watching Risa get up from her seat. "Wala kang work?"

"Finished already before I went here."

"Buti naman, hanap tayo place where we can get dinner?"

"Hmm, later na sana if okay lang?"

"Okay lang naman, hindi pa ako gutom. Pero bakit naman later pa?"

"Tour me around. It's my first time here."

"Gabi na, Risa. Malamig pa. Sure ka?"

"Yes, I'm sure. It'll be fun. Kasama naman kita."

Leni held out her arm for Risa, which the latter took immediately. They walked around the campus, with Leni pointing to the buildings here and there, telling Risa stories about her time in the university.

"At first, nacreepyhan ako dito lalo na kapag gabi." Leni admitted.

Risa laughed loudly, causing the older woman to shush her. The senator continued to giggle behind her hand that covered her mouth. "Hindi ba mas creepy ang UP kapag gabi?"

"Oo, pero foreigner mga multo dito."

The senator laughed even harder and Leni laughed along with her. Nakakamiss marinig 'yung tawa mo.

They continued talking as they passed by one of the many Harvard art museums. "Oh, bukas pa pala. You want to go in?" Leni asked.

Risa was about to answer but was interrupted by the sound of her stomach growling. "Sorry, gutom na," she said apologetically, flashing Leni a peace sign and a shy smile.

"Halika na nga, hanap tayo ng makakainan."

"Let's eat somewhere you like. A restaurant or a fast food chain, kahit 'yung mga food trucks that I saw kanina that's near dito. Basta somewhere you've already tasted the food."

"Bakit? Ayaw mo bang mag-try ng new restaurants kasama ako?"

"We have time to do that. Ngayon, hayaan mo muna akong mas makilala at malaman kung anong buhay mo dito. Let me get to know Professor Leni's life in Boston a little bit better."

Leni laughed, shaking her head at how ridiculous it sounded. But she understood. It has been almost 3 years since she last saw Risa and a lot of things had changed since then. She couldn't blame Risa for wanting to know what life was like so far away from the Philippines.

She wanted to get to know Risa, the way that she was now, a lot more too.

"Okay, tara. Sakto, Thursday ngayon. My favorite food truck is here."

---------------

Risa insisted on walking Leni to her apartment. Leni insisted she'd much rather walk Risa to the hotel she was currently staying in.

They ended up deciding to just part ways somewhere in the middle.

Having finished their meals, they stopped at the coffee shop they just saw each other in yesterday.

"I had fun tonight, Leni, Thank you for touring me around." Risa smiled.

"Ako rin. Salamat sa pagbisita. Sinundo mo pa talaga ako sa work," Leni chuckled.

"Sunduin din kita bukas."

"Huy, 'wag na. Nakakahiya baka may work ka pa at that time."

"Hindi naman hassle sa'kin. Plus, I went here for you, remember? Kaya nga may itatanong sana ako."

"Sure ka? Ano 'yung itatanong mo?"

"What time does your last class finish?"

"4 pm pa..."

Risa smiled, extending her hand and offering it to Leni. The professor intertwined their fingers together without hesitation. The heat that was radiating from their palms provided much needed warmth due to the cold weather of Boston at night.

"Go on a date with me tomorrow, Leni."

Leni's eyes widened. Her heart felt like it dropped out of her chest. Another mention of a date. From her ex-wife, nonetheless. "Date?" She asked, bewildered at Risa's invitation.

"Yes, date. I'm not sure if you'd consider tonight a date pero gusto ko sa susunod, sure na akong date nga 'yun. So ano, let's go on a date tomorrow after your class, around 5 PM?"

"S-sigurado ka?"

"Leni," Risa laughed heartily. "Diba nga gusto mo na ako iuwi?" She joked and Leni glared at her, so she cleared her throat and continued. "We've never tried to go out on dates before, have we? I want to try that with you. Kaya oo, siguradong-sigurado ako."

Leni still stood there, holding Risa's hand, baffled on the exterior but deep inside, she could not be any happier.

The senator clasped her hand tighter, the genuine smile never leaving her face. Leni was sure that the Risa in front of her now was different from the one she left back home.

This Risa, still and had always been her Risa, was certain that she finally made her way back to her love.

"I look forward to it, Senator Risa."

"Good," Risa smiled in excitement and relief. "5 PM ha, I'll wait sa coffee shop kung nasa'n tayo kahapon. See you tomorrow, Professor Leni."