17: Disappointment Is Just a Term For Refusal To Look On The Bright Side.

Tears edged the eyes of most of the players of Shiratorizawa's volleyball team as they suffered a close call defeat.

Every soul was appalled by Karasuno's victory against the team that was deemed unstoppable.

Shiratorizawa's players lined up before their side of the stands where their supporters stood.

They bowed and spoke in unison, "Thank you for your support!"

All eyes lifted up when they started clapping and cheering for the defeated boys who tried their hardest to make it.

It was then they saw their manager who walked up to the front row of the stands. She had taken off her hat and glasses with tears running down her face.

Despite the clear sadness in her eyes, Y/n smiled whilst clapping for them.

They all waved at her and then raised their first towards her. No one really expected her to show up, mainly because she wasn't supposed to.

Y/n mouthed the words, 'Meet me at school.'

Obviously some didn't understand but the ones who did, like Tendou and Reon, informed the rest of what the female had said.

Wakatoshi was the most silent. He said nothing, he did nothing, he showed no expression what so ever.

The male was more of a statue that only walked. Reon and Tendou patted the male's back as they walked towards the bus.

Despite the tiredness they all felt, on the ride back; they all were wide awake. Washijo said nothing as well, normally he would left them run back to school as penalty but no one knew why he didn't make them do so.

Their coach dismissed them and went towards the gym for whatever reason. Some left before the girl could arrive because they had to go home at that instant; expect for Wakatoshi who just bustled his own way out without a word

The ones who remained were Goshiki, Reon, Semi, Tendou, Yamagata, Kawanishi and Shirabu.

They all saw her in distance approaching their figures. She held her nebulizer to her face but withdrew it once she was close enough.

Shirabu and Yamagata could have burst into tears upon the mere sight of her becuase they saw her as another person they let down; an important person at that. The female hugged the two, the pair finally letting it all out on her shoulder.

It broke her heart dearly; so much so she almost cried herself. She did her best to raise their dread spirits.

The only one showed no signs of sadness was Tendou; Y/n knew it was because he didn't plan on taking volleyball seriously. 

With a few words to Reon and Semi, she hugged them both and decided on walking home with the red head by her side. 

"I've always wanted Shiratorizawa to lose just once to keep them grounded." The female spoke, her head facing down as she kept her gaze at her feet dragging along the pavement, "but I can't stand seeing them like this."

"You worry too much, Y/n-chan." Tendou responded, "They're big boys, they'll be fine."

Her head lifted up at his words, her gaze now on the chirpy male, "You think so, Satori?"

The male in mention nodded enthusiastically which made her smile. They conversed more on diverse topics; more specifically, the future.

They had finish their final exams as third years and all was left to await the results. It was a nerve wracking thing to look forward to; to know that every day that past is a possibility of getting that slip of paper that shows their hard work.