8: Every Man Has Sorrows That The World Knows Not

"How am I looking, doc?"

The beaming h/c haired girl smiled before the doctor she had known for years, Mei Adachi.

Her short black hair was messily tied up and she sat next to the younger girl.

"I told you to stop calling me that." Mei laughed which in turn made Y/n laugh. As it all died down, she continued, "It's not looking good, Y/n."

Mei got up and grabbed a little white bottle of medication from a nearby table, scribbling something on it.

As she did that, Y/n looked out the window, through the glass she could feel the heat from the sun as it shone on her.

"I'm going to tell it to you straight, Y/n." This caused the girl in mention to look at the older woman, "Your lungs progressively are getting worse."

Mei gave her the bottle of prescribed meds with a reassuring smile, "Please abstain from anything that can make you physically tired."

With a firm nod, Y/n took the pills and placed them in her pocket.

"Oh and." The doctor trailed off as she handed the girl a lollipop.

"I was beginning to think you forgot my lollipop." The girl teased with made the elder laugh.

In walking about, she was greeted with her grandfather's figure. From his facial expression, she knew he knew everything already.

Despite the smile on her face, her eyes said otherwise. Washijo hugged his granddaughter, she wailed into his shoulder and he could do nothing but console her.

It hurt him more than anything.

Y/n pulled away and she quickly wiped her face, "I'm just going for a walk, okay?"

The old man just nodded and then pointed a stern finger towards her, "No running, you hear? If you get tired, I'll kill you before that pulmonary fibrosis does."

This made Y/n laugh as she reassured the geezer that she'd be fine. Y/n headed to the same park she always goes to mindlessly.

The female stopped under a Sakura tree and planted herself down with a huff. She leaned against the trunk.

Her eyes burned and she was slightly dizzy from all the crying. It was something she couldn't prevent, something that cannot be cured and she knew that.

She hated that.

The thought of never getting married, having kids, getting a job or not doing any of the things she wanted to do killed her.

But she was grateful for the life she had lived, the people she met and the things she had done.

"Y/n!"

The girl in mention eyes flew open upon hearing her name. In view was the little girl with long black hair in a purple dress this time.

Instantly a smile graced the h/c haired girl's face, "Rina-chan!"

Her attention was solely on Rina that she didn't see the bigger male behind her.

"So, what brings you by?" Y/n asked the younger girl.

"Aniki is taking me to the playground." Rina said, despite her shy nature; Y/n could tell she was excited

That's when it clicked, her head looked up from Rina to Ushijima who had been slightly standing with a bag on his back.

"Hey. Almost mistook you for a statue." Y/n joked lightly.

"L/n." Ushijima greeted, "You are under a tree."