Once Dwalin and Gloin fully opened the doors all eyes went to the company. Kili and I were at the front and the company was behind us. Everyone went quiet, the only thing I could hear was the beating of my own heart. This isn't going to be easy.

Many of these dwarves come from across middle-earth and have become familiar with me and Kili's relationship, I am marrying a prince after all. It came as a shock to many, a dwarf prince and a hobbit from the Shire, such an odd mix. Who would hear of it? But luckily many got used to it and admired our relationship and our rejoiced for the wedding.

As we walked in my eyes went straight to the two royals laying on-top of their tombs, waiting to go in. I gulped as I could see their alabaster skin, dried blood and blank expressions. They both had their hands resting on their chest, Thorin held the Arkenstone, the jewel that cost his life, and Fili's hands were empty.

All of the dwarves watched as the company and myself walkaround the tombs. I first went up to Thorin's body, Kili followed. I placed a hand on his, I could feel the emptiness and the coldness of his lifeless hand. I looked down to my feet and inhaled a shaky breath. I looked up from my feet and Bilbo was across from me. I could just about see his head over the tomb, he had a pained look and I saw a tear fall down his face. I wanted to run around and hug him and tell him it's all okay. I want to comfort him like he did when I though Kili was dead, but I should leave him, he should be by himself for now.

I heard a shaky breath next to me. I looked up to Kili and his bottom lip quivered, his eyes were watery as he looked at his uncle. I brushed my hand past him, he looked from his hand to my face. His eyes switched from my left eye to my right and back to my left. The company took turns to walk around the tomb and take a corner but everyone began to shift.

We both made our way to Fili's tomb. Every step I got closer the more my heart broke. I could never imagine the pain of loosing a brother as admiring as Fili, he was the image of a perfect older brother. Kili blew out a slow breath before reaching deep into his pocket to find something which he then slid into Filis hands. His runetone.

Once the stone was in place he slightly squeezed Filis hand before whispering "He never did come home." A tear stained his cheek. I reached my hand up and placed it on the two brothers' "He's home now." I smiled with glassy vision. He waited a few beats before nodding "I suppose he is."

Speaking of the runestone... It wasn't until I looked up that I noticed Dís wasn't here. I looked around the room but she was no where to be seen. I turned up to the open doors and I saw Dís, she was hidden around the corner and she was biting her nail. She can't bear to face it.

"Excuse me." I excused myself to no one. I picked up my dress and strode across the hall towards the doors. I turned the corner and Dís was pressed up against the wall, she looked very anxious. "Dís. You should come in, Balin is about to give his speech you don't have much time-"

"I can't do it." She said, her voice breaking at the end. I could see her holding back tears. "Look, I can never begin to understand the pain you are going through right now but you don't have much time before their tombs close, you don't get a second chance. Do this for your brother, do this for your sons." Her head shot up to look slightly down at me as I continued"Kili is in there and he is heartbroken, and I know he wants more than anything right now is to have him mother by his side."

She looked away with teary eyes and back to me. She let out a sigh before bringing her thumb from her teeth. "Okay. I'll do it."
"Thank you. Now, let's go."
"No. Thank you (Y/N)," she sniffled "Kili is so lucky to have found you. I'd never really met a hobbit before, but so far they've never failed to amaze me."