"That's it? A literal thread? That's what you want?"

"Yes," Clotho said.

"You're entire life," Lachesis continued.

"Is in this thread," Atropos finished.

Atropos held up the shears, waiting. I watched as Clotho and Lachesis held my life strand in the air and pulled it tight. I chewed my bottom lip as the scissors neared my life thread and closed around it.

"What is this?" Lachesis asked, as the scissors clamped around the thread, but it wouldn't cut.

"What magic are you doing?" Atropos screeched at me.

"The debt must be repaid!" Clotho shouted, snatching the shears from her sister.

"So, cut the thread," I said.

"Your life thread."

"Will not."

"Cut!" The three Moirai yelled.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"The only way this can happen."

"Is if the mortal."

"Is not mortal," they all pondered, staring at the glowing, golden thread.

"You are mortal?" They turned their haggard heads toward me.

"Uh, I thought so? I was born. I mean, I am the daughter of Artemis, but I was born from a human."

"Daughter of Artemis?"

"Born of a mortal?"

"Is she immortal?"

They continued pondering amongst themselves as though I was not there.

"You must go to Zeus," they finally announced.

"Wait, what? Hold on, what? What about my debt?"

"Debt is repaid. The thread was cut but not severed," they said in unison.

"I'm not going to Zeus. This is insanity."

"To Zeus!" they yelled with a wave of their hand.

I felt my body shoot into the air like a comet. I ascended high and fast until nothing but light surrounded me. As my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, I fell hard to marble below in front of a mighty throne.

"Whhhaaa..."

"Elanor. Daughter of Artemis," a mighty voice resounded all around me.

I scrambled to my feet and looked all around me. "What is this?"

"Welcome to Mt. Olympus, Elanor, Daughter of Artemis."

"Um, you can call me Ellie?" I turned again and looked at the very large, toga-clad man in front of me.

"You are the daughter of my daughter."

"Zeus?"

He nodded his head slowly. I looked to his left and saw an angry Hera sitting on her throne.

"Nuh-uh! No way! She's why this is all happening!" I yelled.

I felt a light hand on my shoulder giving it a squeeze. Artemis smiled at me as Zeus laughed.

"I don't understand why 1. I'm here. 2. He's laughing. 3. Why she's right there!"

"It's okay, Elanor."

"What? No it is not!"

"Shush, child."

"Do not shush me! You nearly ruined all of wolf kind! You are an evil Goddess."