#3. 𝑀𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟

World: Rainbow Quest

Au: modern au

Desc: here's some rainbow and Sabre tomfoolery after the last one <3

TWs: none

.

.

.

The stylus pen danced across the smooth tablet surface as the artist reached for his water bottle on the stand beside him. Gently caressing his long multicolored hair out of his sight, the boy took a sip and continued working, not once letting his eyes wander from the sketch in front of him. He sunk into the beige and brown pillows and kicked his feet into the air, watching as a masterpiece unfolded before him.

Such a straightforward focus, unbound by the shackles of reality. A mind of steel, a touch of elegance. Blessed be a euphoric state, without a single care in the world...

...And then Sabre walked in.

Carrying a velvety red cushion with a steel cover atop, he walked closer and closer to Rainbow, only stopping at the foot of his bed. In his own good time, he lowered himself to one knee as he began to grasp the cover, much like a butler would. He quickly picked it up, revealing the plush form of a gruesome beast.

With features so indescribable yet terrifying, it was if Frankenstein himself created such an amalgamation and bonded it with the shackles of human-made fabric to protect the people from its withering gaze. A blade in its teeth and bearing the horns of its demonic ancestors, it stared at the poor boy in front of it, grinning with joy at his new victim.

Such a powerful monster, as it had successfully managed to hypnotize such a stubborn man such as Sabre. The brunette's smirk transformed into a whimsical grin as he whispered the dreaded words with joy,

"...Guess what I won at the fair!!"

Guess what I won at the fair!!"

"...You did not..." Rainbow could hardly believe his eyes. The longer he stared at the beast, the more he began to loose himself. Before he knew it, he was nothing but a pawn, a puppet at the mercy of his master.

The two gushed and jittered about the new plush, scheming for their new lord's eventual takeover.

~ • ~

Light Steve gently opened the door to his house, winded after a long day at work. He slipped his leather shoes off and threw his blazer onto the coat hanger before waltzing into the kitchen. Checking his watch, he's surprised to see the room clean and empty.

That's strange, he thought to himself, usually Rainbow or Sabre are making dinner around this time. Did they eat without me again?

Despite not thinking much of it, Light began to walk towards the boys' room just in case. As he turned the corner, he heard it. A shriek of delight, the laughter of a madman. With each step he took, their crazed giggles only grew louder and louder until their lungs gave out. Slowly but surely, Light managed to reach Rainbow's door as he peeked behind the wall.

To his surprise, he found Sabre and Rainbow together busy with their different arts and crafts. With a plush on a makeshift pillow throne behind them, Sabre appeared to be working on a paper crown while Rainbow sketched away at a glamorous staff.

...Whatever makes them happy I guess, Light sighed as he walked back to the kitchen, hoping to find something to satisfy himself and his childish roommates.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N:

Sorry that this one's a little short, some stuff just came up but everything's all good now. Hope some art was able to make up for some of it at least :D

• Word Count: 600 words
• Finished on: 10/3/22