5| Sand

A distorted audio was heard from the speaker before they could hear the announcement. There would be three teams—each of which would have one boy and one girl to play beach volleyball. Teammates would be chosen randomly.

All the teams would have to face each other and the team with the most wins would win the game.

"Beach volleyball doesn't sound fun in spring," Y/n mumbled to herself, staring down on her feet that were covered in sand.

"You don't sound like a fun player." Taehyung walked to her with a ball in his hand. He was shirtless already.

Dami did not notice how fast all the boys took their shirts off and were standing there in only shorts. They are sure trying to impress someone. She looked at Jisoo who was beside her, tying her hair into a tight ponytail.

The one who caught Dami's attention was definitely Jungkook. The only reason behind that was he had changed a lot since they dated. He always had a big built. But now he was even bigger if that was even possible.

The piercing in his lower lip which had a ring hanging on it freaked her out―not to mention the tattoos on his whole right arm trailing up to his shoulder and collarbone, several piercings on both of his ears.

She was not judgmental but it surely made her realize how much distant she had become from him. The only thing that was familiar to her about Jungkook was the tattoo with his motto on it. It made her crack up when she remembered Yoongi's remark about his motto.

"Figures―" Taehyung continued. "Girls are not very fun players to begin with." He glanced at his sister from the corner of his eyes, waiting for her to get triggered.

"How can you say that even though you are a brother of a feminist and a naturally competitive, fine athlete?" Taehyung was successful.

Y/n backed up. She did not want to get into a siblings' fight or a 'healthy argument' as they liked to refer it.

"Really?" Taehyung dropped the ball on the sand to fold his arms over his broad chest. "Then why did you always lose against me?"

Dami let out a deep scoff. "Everyone here knows who the loser is."

"Oh yeah? Then let's see who wins today."

"Erm―" Y/n raised her hand to say something, "What if you both end up in the same team?"

"Doesn't matter," the siblings echoed each other.

"Don't copy me," this time only the sister spoke, proving that she indeed had not matured one bit.

The participants stood in a line in front of the box that had the names of just the boys. Girls were instructed to pick a name randomly.

Y/n was the first to pick. She opened the piece of paper and showed them the name. "You got my brother!" Dami spoke in a higher voice than usual. Her hands were in the air, making it completely visible how much excited she was.

"Then you are my opponent, huh?" She fixed her nonexistent glasses to get a clearer vision of her enemy.

Taehyung covered one side his mouth with his hand. He spoke in Dami's ear in a low voice which was just audible for Dami. "You have to play with both teams in case you don't remember."

Jungkook let out a chuckle causing Dami to glare at him. How did he get such good hearing?

"Can't wait to play with you," Taehyung stretched his hand forward for his new teammate to shake it. "Ms. No fun," he completed.

"Don't bully her," Jungkook yelled from behind Taehyung getting yet an eye roll from his ex girlfriend. A frown took place in Y/n's face before she took his hand.

"If I see any funny antics in the game, you will be banned from talking to me again." Taehyung sarcastically puffed. "Says who?"

The female pursed her lips before muttering. "Me." Taehyung's arrogant face fell. "I am here to win." She let go off of his hand before taking her position beside him.

Jimin patted Jungkook's shoulder. "Guess she didn't need your help, huh?"

Next girl to pick was Dami. She, being another member of the Kim family, glanced up at the sky, closing her eyes―she connected her hands together and prayed.

"What is she doing?" Jisoo and Y/n were the first to see this but only Jisoo showed her curiosity.

Jimin observed Dami. His gaze on her was so soft—a smile sitting lazily on his plump lips. "She is talking to the angels."

"Why? Is there anyone particular she wants?" Jisoo questioned again, watching the girl who still had not opened her eyes.

"Yeah," Jimin smirked. "The one who can help her win."

Jisoo's eyes widened. "Woah, she can get really competitive without even knowing what the prize is."

"The sun is going to set." Jungkook mocked the girl.

She finally opened her eyes. "It's only morning. What the―"

"Geez, we are on television," he interrupted Dami's words to stop the curse that was about to come out of her mouth.

Dami scoffed. "I wasn't about to curse."

Jungkook massaged his temples. Jimin patted his shoulder again. "They will edit it out."

"I hope so."

At last, Dami picked a chit. Before opening it, she was about to close her eyes again. "You have already picked it. The name is not going to change by itself," Y/n let her know.

Pursing her lips―being a little at annoyed at herself, she opened the chit which said the name―

"Jimin!" Dami ran towards the male and wrapped her arms around him. Taehyung's jaw left hanging.

"You haven't won yet, for your information." Jungkook was a little disappointed but it was probably for the best. Making her feel awkward won't do any good.

Jimin kept his hand on her lower back. "I am going to win for sure since you are on my team."

"You better."

"Get off of my sister, Park Jimin!" Taehyung yelled.

Dami pulled away and stuck her tongue at her brother. "Sucks to be you, loser."

________

Vote for the chapter please!

The main story is starting from now! The story is gonna move forward from the next chapter. I hope you will look forward to it. Thanks for reading this book. I would love to know what you think about this book. So lemme know!