Prologue

The night before the day of Lelouch vi Britania's death.

Lelouch and C.C went to the dark and abandoned church located inside the dark and spooky thick forest where no one dares to step foot on that place.

"Why are we here, Lelouch?" asked C.C with uninterested looks.

"I already told you the plan for tomorrow. Don't forget," he said sternly. C.C rolled her eyes and wander around the church slowly. She usually doesn't care if he used that tones on her but she hates when he thinks that she is one of his minions and ordering her around. "You're not answering my question."

Lelouch watched the witch walking around the church quietly.

"This will be our last day..." he sighed and blurted out. C.C stopped on her steps abruptly and stood still with her back facing him.

She let out a faint laugh, "Congrats. You're the only person that makes out alive during our entire contract period, Lelouch. I must say, I'm impressed" she replied with sarcasm. "Usually, people that make contracts with me will end up dead or worse lost their sanity." She turned to face him with a smirk, "But you. You survived both."

Lelouch scoffed, "Almost. My sanity is still unstable cuz of you, witch." She laughed half-heartedly as she enjoy making him go insane.

"Well then, it's time. You know what you should do. Grant my wish, my warlock" She held out her hands and looked into his eyes with determined looks. She was ready to die, finally after hundreds of lonely years.

Lelouch stares into her golden eyes and nodded with a cold face. "As you wish." He walked closer to her and held something inside his hand.

She closed her eyes waiting for him to end her life. However, she was shocked when she felt a warm body embracing hers gently. She opened her eyes and saw his face closer to her.

"W-what" she startled with a red face.

Lelouch watched her intensely and took her left hand. She was speechless when she saw a rusted steel ring on her finger. "Lelouch"

"I could not have done all of these without your help, C.C." he started calmly staring into her wide eyes. "My sister will not have a bright future without your help. Thank you, C.C" a smile finally appear on his lips.

She looked confusingly at him, she couldn't utter a single word due to a massive shock and confusion.

He smirked at her reaction and continued, "However, my future would not be complete without a presence of an annoying, rude and self-centered witch by my side." "so, C.C...will you marry me?"

C.C finally realized what was going on and pulled her hand away abruptly from his grip. She chuckled, "Are you practicing proposing with me, boya?" "I must say that was the best speech you ever give but...maybe you should cut out the part where you say 'annoying, rude and self-centered witch'. You know Shirley is an angel, right. Kind of mean to say that to her" commented her with a grin.

Now, it was Lelouch's turn to be confused by the witch. C.C patted his shoulder with assurance, "Don't worry too much, boya. Your girlfriend will definitely want to marry you." she joked.

"I'm being serious, C.C," he said sharply.

"Me too" C.C replied.

"I'm proposing to you, C.C!" he said with a loud voice and it echoed inside the building. She was about to say something when she noticed her real name carved on the rusted ring she wears. Then, she realized that she misunderstood the situation and ruined the mood. 'Way to go, witch. You ruin the moment already' she mad to herself.

"Oh..." the only word escaped from her lips.

Lelouch chuckled at her frozen face. "Your face is red."

"N-no, I'm not!" She startled and snapped at him.

Lelouch reached her hands, "So, what do you say? Did you accept my proposal?" He stared into her golden eyes with hope and genuine feelings.

She gazed back into his violet eyes for a moment. She was not sure whether this is dreaming or reality. She always thought that after their contract ended, Lelouch will abandon her or kill her to end the witch curse. But...he did the opposite.

Lelouch saw the mixed emotions on her face. So, he pulled her close and kiss her forehead on the gease symbol. "I'm sorry for treating you badly just because you're a witch. I realized that I took you for granted many times. I'm just like my father..." He let go of her and took a few steps back.

C.C wiped her teary eyes and said, "You're different, Lelouch. You're not him. You love your sister so much that you are willing to put your life in line just for her..."

She hugged him tightly, "I'll be very happy to stay by your side, Lelouch. It's just that... I always thought that you will get rid of me instantly after our contract ended. I was prepared for that. So, I-"

Lelouch lifted her chin and wiped her tears, "You might be the most annoying person I've ever met but I never think of getting rid of you. You are the most important person to me besides my sister." "Honestly, I still cannot believe that I have fallen in love with a witch. I think I've finally gone mad" he joked and she laughed at him.

"I guess my charm finally worked on you, boya" she said jokingly and grinned at him. He smiled sarcastically.

On their way back home, C.C stared at their engagement rings which were made from rusted steel with their name carved on them. "You have a very interesting taste for the rings, Lelouch. Where did you find them?"

"I made it" he stated casually. "...from our knightmare's scraps."

"Creative. I didn't know, you were a crafty person, boya" she teased him.

"Well, those rings are temporary only. I'm gonna replace it with a nice one soon. I promise." Lelouch held her hand firmly and looked at her with a serious look.

She shook her head, "No need for that. Nothing can ever replace these rings. It's special cuz you pour your 'soul' to make these and I'm gonna wear it forever." She flashed him a genuinely happy smile which is rare of her to show that to anyone.

They went back to his house and get ready for tomorrow's plan.