Chapter 3

Jiwan and Sol walked side by side, their hands would often brushed one another's.

When they arrived at Sol's tent, not too far away from their friend's, Sol let Jiwan in first before she followed inside.

And upon entering, a pack of gummy bear immediately caught Jiwan's eyes. It lays on top of Sol's pillow, demanding her attention.

With the brightest smile she can wear, Jiwan faced Sol, "Is this for me?" she asked.

Sol nodded, matching her smile, "Yes."

"Thank you, Sol!" Jiwan lunged at Sol. She wrapped the taller girl into a hug.

At her action, it caused for Sol's back to collide with the blanket covered floor, bringing Jiwan on top of her body. They giggled, filling the tent with laughter.

"I haven't eaten a gummy bear since -" Jiwan's voice halted, faltering. Her mind went back five years ago, to the day they broke up.

Sol noticed the shift of the atmosphere. "It's okay," she tried to console Jiwan.

"No, it's not okay." Jiwan rolled away from Sol and she sat up, eyes casting down.

Sol rubbed both of Jiwan's shoulders. "Past is past, Seo Jiwan."

Jiwan's lips trembles. "I shouldn't have said that to you back then. I feel like such a bitch. I should have waited."

"Hey. I understand your decision," Sol said softly, "I couldn't ask you to wait for 3 years. I don't want you to wait either. That would be very selfish of me."

Jiwan looks at Sol before hugging her tight. Her face safe in the nook of Sol's neck.

"I don't want to rob you of your happiness," Sol continued. "You deserve to be happy. You deserves someone who will be there for you. Someone to watch movies with, go on a date with, and hold hands with. Because, back then I couldn't be that person."

"Why did you even have to join the military?" Jiwan whined, patting Sol's back.

"I wanna become stronger so I can protect you."

Jiwan scoffed but accepted it, nevertheless.

"Let me see your face," Sol held Jiwan cheeks between her palms.

Jiwan pout, finally greeting Sol's eyes.

Sol stared at Jiwan's eyes before leaning in and giving Jiwan a peck on the lips.

But Jiwan wanted more. When Sol retracted from her, she reached for Sol's neck, bringing her back for another kiss. This time, passionate, longer.

Their mouths moved in sync. With their heart beating fast, with butterflies on their stomach, Sol and Jiwan felt content in each other's warmth.

A shuffling and unzipping of clothes soon followed after. The crickets masked the sound of SolJiwan's heated breathes and few moans. Nothing's more beautiful when two people inlove share an eventful night that they would both cherish the memories forever.

---

Jiwan is safely tucked inside the blanket with Sol's arm as her pillow.

Sol on the right side, opened her eyes to steal a glance on Jiwan but the other girl was already looking at her. Jiwan's cheeks turned rossy red and she immediately avoided Sol's eyes.

"Everything okay?" Sol hid a smirk.

Without opening her eyes, Jiwan nodded. "Yeah, ofcourse."

"We've done this a couple of times. Are you still embarrassed? We even did it at the back of my car."

Jiwan's hand flew to smack Sol's other arm.

"Sol, don't be so vulgar."

"What?" Sol released a quiet chuckle and ruffled Jiwan's already messy hair.

"Let's get dressed before our friends see us like this." Jiwan with a pout, separated herself away from Sol but the other girl pulled her down again.

Sol got on top of Jiwan and asked, "Marry me?"

Jiwan's eyes couldn't get any bigger. Breathless, she replied, "Ofcourse but -"

"But?"

"I wanted to be the one to ask you to marry me in the playground."

Sol feels her heart almost bursting in happiness. She's so lucky. To have Jiwan in her life. To have Jiwan love her back. To have Jiwan want to marry her.

"Then propose to me," Sol kissed Jiwan's forehead, "in the playground."

"In the playground," Jiwan echoed, eyes glittering, smile so precious that makes Sol fall inlove even deeper than she already is.

"I love you."

"I love you, too, Sol."