§§

Doing a lot of research and making detailed plans  are not really Brett's forte, he preferred going with the flow. Now that  he's sure of Eddy liking him as well as his own feelings, it's time for  some action.

He doesn't remember where he got these stacks of  kraft paper, and the only reason he kept it is because it looked too  expensive to be thrown.

It took him over an hour from picking a  quote to write, to practising on plain paper and then writing it on the  expensive-looking kraft paper card.

The intention at first didn't require him to write it neatly, but it just got to Brett when he looked at the card. I can't let my lousy handwriting ruin it. He scoffed.

After  making sure everything was done, Brett went straight to Eddy's room.  Though it seemed like he's not home. The room is too quiet for someone  alive to be in, and it's not a time Eddy will be asleep as well. Brett  shrugged and slipped the card under the door and left.

§§

Oh shit. That was the first thought when Brett woke up the next morning. I should've given him the book back as well. Brett sat up and looked at his desk with blurry vision. Sigh–

As he got dressed, he considered a few options about the book situation.

Put it on the dining tablePut it before Eddy's roomOpen his room and put it inside (wtf Brett are you a creep or something)Give him back when you get back home (but who knows whether I'll get to meet him)

And all of a sudden, Brett's creative brain for some reason worked in this early morning.

   Why not do an experiment? 

He then quickly scribbled down two sticky notes and put them and  the book in their respective places, left his door open, and left.

§§

It's the last day of the O-week, Brett is secretly  excited to finish everything because he got a text from Eddy around noon  accepting his offer for dinner. As he and other OWLs – including Archer  – walked out of the gym where they stored the tents and equipment  around 5:45pm, he saw a female figure standing outside, seemingly  waiting for someone.

"Ohhh– Who's girlfriend is this~" The OWLs  that are assigned to store things in the gym are all guys, and one of  them cheered seeing what Brett's seeing.

As Brett expected, some other guys joined in.

He would usually be taking part as well, but his guts told him this was probably not a good idea this time.

And... Did he mention that his sixth sense was usually very accurate?

"Hey,  Brett." The figure waved at them in the distance. As they walked near,  which was the only path they could leave the area, Brett saw her face  and recognized her.

"Uh. Hi. Toni."

Aside from Archer, most of the OWLs were now teasing Brett. "When did you get yourself a girlfriend!"

"She's not." Brett said calmly with a polite smile.

"I  would love to be, though." This girl really didn't seem to back out  that easily. With that smile she always carried, she made her point  straight as well.

What Brett wanted right now was just to get  back to where their bags were stored and go to the front door to meet  Eddy before 6. Though Eddy's definitely going to be late.