i. running on a e

chapter onerunning on a e♡

chapter one
running on a e

Love could make people sick

Love could make people sick. Love could make people do things they'd never thought they'd do. It makes em' crazy ; everybody was love sick and horny. Everybody wanted a sweet taste of love making in bed before going back to their sad pathetic lives. All life was ever about was sex, drugs, and money. Sex, drugs, and money. Yeah, some people want real love... but what is real love?

Living in a busted apartment with no AC? Having to stay with somebody even if you don't want to be with them?

Yulette Tasse wanted nothing to do with any of it. No sex, no drugs, no money, and especially no love. Love teared her down and crumbled her up so many times before, she hated it. Max Mayfield was suppose to be the one for her ; now she had no chance.

Yulette had fucked up that day, and she knew it too. But hey, at least her and Max were still friends? Well... friend-ishs.

Even though Yulette always says how much she hates love, its because she's protecting herself from getting hurt again. She hated the feeling of heartbreak : but it was her fault.

Eventually, Max and Yulette forgot about what had happened that day. Well, mostly Max. She had to forget, she was with Lucas and he made her happier than Yulette could ever make her... right?

Yeah, right. Lucas bought her presents, and always stayed by her side. But there was always something about Yulette... something special. Since the moment Max laid eyes on her, she knew she was different. She had something Lucas could never give her, she just couldn't figure out what. Lucas treated her so well, but she couldn't help but think about what life would be like if she was dating Yulette instead.

Max was doing alright without her though.

On the other hand, Yulette was a mess. She was different. She had this cold side of her now, she was never ever the same. But she didn't say - she simply covered it up.

She was home alone, her mother and brother had went on a business trip that kept them longer than expected.

So Yulette was alone. She loved it. But sometimes, she needed an escape. She needed a breather. She needed to live. Thats why she had Jackie. Its as if God had sent her from above to give her comfort.