Chapter 16 (Unedited)

A/N OMG it's been nearly a year since this story was last updated. I'm so sorry for being a terrible writer. I recently got a question asking if this story was on hiatus and I suppose it was. Now however, with the knowledge that people want more, here is a new chapter. It's quite short, sorry, but I wanted to give you guys something ASAP. Enjoy, please leave comments, feedback and likes. Author out. 

The Small Town

-Sunephi-

We finished up our meal and headed towards the ticket booth at the docks. When we arrived, there were no people and Keegan bought himself a ticket for a Zananzi transport skiff that would take us down the river towards the sea. From there, we would walk the rest of the way to Luvco Port, where we would take a cruise liner to Tabanash.

Our little transport skiff was very small with one motor at the back. There was only us and the driver, who directed the boat using a handle and it chugged down the river surprisingly fast. I'd never been in a boat before, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I stayed in Keegan's pocket in my disguise, watching the passing city as we moved closer towards the sea.

During the journey, the driver had chatted with Keegan. They talked about his plans, and he recommended we stay at one of the travelling inns at Small Town, not the most inventive name. Once we arrived at the town, we bid the driver farewell and wandered towards the Drunken Snorlax. Small Town was something out of cottagecore fantasy. Right next to the river and in a remote part of the forest, the buildings were small, stone cottages and paths were unpaved with stone fences. Herds of Mareep and other farm Pokemon roamed sprawling fields as the sun was setting in a sky of pinks and oranges.

The Inn itself was a cute bed and breakfast with a funny drunken Snorlax sign hanging above the door. Walking into the building, Keegan rang the little bell on the desk and a clatter of feet proceeded a woman down the stairs to greet us.

"Hello dears, good evening, how can I help you?" She said cheerily. She was on the older side, with streaks of grey in her hair.

"Hi, I'm Keegan, I was hoping you had a room to stay in for the night." Keegan inquired and Mary, the inn keeper, exclaimed that she had more than enough rooms available. This was her quiet season and so she rushed us up the stairs into a spare room. The room was a sweet single bed with a bedside table and a pole to hang clothes on. The best part of the room was the sun facing window that had an amazing view of the town, field and forest. The sun was stretching shadows in the room while Keegan put down his backpack and released me from his pocket. I hopped onto the bed and looked out the window. It was a wonderful view.

We rested for a couple hours. Keegan read a book and I napped in his lap. The sun was fully set when Keegan slipped me back into his pocket and went down the stairs for dinner. The Drunken Snorlax was a bed and breakfast with an attached pub. The pub was warm from a wood burning fire. Locals were seated at the bar and on tables, mingling and catching up. It seemed everyone knew each other and so when newcomers arrived, we got quite a bit of attention.

Keegan sat down at an empty table, and I was deposited on the seat beside him. I had put my Swadloon cloak back on after resting in the room, so I didn't draw any more attention to us. Mary served us the meal of the day, as a small establishment, they had a limited menu and mostly served one meal a day for dinner. It was warm, hearty food and Keegan let me taste a bit of everything. My main meal though was a juice fruit half my size. I was very full to say the least by the time we were both ready to go to bed. I fell asleep curled on a pillow beside Keegan while the Keegan's other Pokemon somehow found space to fit onto the rest of the small bed.

The next day, Keegan returned his Pokemon to their balls and we were packed to leave by 9am. We went down to the Pub where Keegan paid, with a nice Trainee discount (traveling Pokemon trainers often got discounts when on their journeys). Keegan also asked about any places to buy food for the long walk ahead and Mary was nice enough to give him previsions before we left.