22

Seungmin was laying on the couch with Hyunjin asleep in his lap when he heard a phone go off in the other room. He let it ring, stroking the other's hair gently. However, after the first call rang uselessly, it rang again.

Sighing, Seungmin lowered Hyunjin's head onto a pillow, standing up. He walked into the kitchen, seeing it wasn't his phone being so obnoxious. Still, he didn't want to wake Hyunjin, so he answered the call.

"Hyunjin!" Said a voice from the other side of the line frantically, "Please help. I don't know what to do. He only wants you. I can't help him."

Seungmin was confused, but he still responded, "Hyunjin is sleeping. Who is this?"

"Please get him," the voice said, "It's about Felix."

"No," Seungmin scoffed, "Felix hurt him. I'm not setting him up again."

"Please. I know what Felix did, but he's not okay right now, and I don't know how to help. He needs Hyunjin."

"No."

---

Hyunjin awoke to the sound of Seungmin's pissed voice. He got up, following the sound.

"Minnie, what's wrong?" He noticed his phone in Seungmin's hand, "Who's calling?"

"No one."

Hyunjin frowned, taking the phone from Seungmin's tight grip. "Hey, who is it?"

"Hyunjin! Please don't hang up, just give me one second to talk to you."

Hyunjin didn't recognize the voice, but since the man sounded desperate, he stayed on the call. "Okay. What's wrong? Who are you?"

"Promise not to hang up."

"Okay?" He said warily, "Yeah, I promise."

"It's Minho."

Hyunjin shuttered, ready to hang up the phone, "Why are you bothering me? I told you I don't want to talk."

"Please," he begged, "I don't know how to help Felix. Something is wrong, and I don't know what to do."

"Why is that my problem," he tried to sound annoyed, but under that facade he could feel himself crumbling, his heart begging for Felix.

"I know what he did was terrible, and you shouldn't have to do this, but I didn't know who else to call. All he's saying is your name." 

Those last words broke Hyunjin completely, he couldn't continue telling himself that he didn't care. He couldn't stand the thought of Felix being hurt. "P-Put him on the phone."

He  heard the  phone being passed then all that filled the speakers were cries and the sound of his name being called through gasps for air.

"Felix," he said, "Felix, it's okay baby. I'm right here."

" -jin. Hyu-" he coughed horribly, his labored breaths barely working anymore.

The thought of Felix being in such pain drove Hyunjin part his breaking point, dropping him into his knees. He too began to cry, "Felix, I'm here. I won't leave again. Please stay here with me."