♡chapter 2♡

I stand at the counter, waiting for a customer to come in. It's been an extremely slow day today. Only two people have came in, and it's already 3:00.

I rest my elbows on the counter, and my head in my hands. I start to daydream. My thoughts go to different things; work, friends, food. After a moment, my mind starts to drift, and I find myself thinking of him.

Calum.

It's been two days since he came in, and I've been thinking about him on and off ever since. I don't know why, lots of attractive men come in and get coffee all the time. What's so special about him? Why won't he leave my mind?

"You good over there?" Jayme says, breaking my train of thought. I look over at him.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine," I say to him.

"You sure? You look like you're thinking really hard about something," he replies.

"No, I'm fine," I say back to him. He starts to grin at me.

"You were thinking about him again, weren't you?" he said, laughing at me.

"No I wasn't!!" I say defensively, making him laugh even more.

"Yes you were!! I could tell by the look on your face!! And that right there, the way you reacted! It's so painfully obvious, y/n," he says teasingly to me.

"Shut up!!" I say to him playfully, laughing.

"What?! I can't say that I blame you! He was pretty hot, y/n," he responds.

"I'm gonna tell your boyfriend you said that, Jayme," I say to him.

"Lonnie? He won't care, we both call guys hot all the time. We kinda bond over doing that," he says.

"How do you bond over that?" I ask him.

"Well, we'll be sitting somewhere, say the park, and we just people watch. And we'll point out men that we find attractive, and we just kinda bond like that. I dunno, we're weirdos to be honest." he says back.

"Yeah, you are," I say.

Our conversation is broken when the bell rings on the door. We both look up at the customer, glad to finally have some business today. It takes me a second to realize who it is. Calum. Jayme shoots me a quick smug look, before patting me on the back and walking away. Calum walks up to the counter.

"Hi," I say to him, cringing at the way the tone of my voice raised. He didn't seem to notice.

"Hello," he says back. "How are you?"

"I'm alright, you?" I say back, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"I'm okay," he says, smiling.

"What can I get you?" I ask him.

"Just a medium frozen hot chocolate, please," he replies. The same order as last time.

"Of course, that'll be all?" I ask, to which he nods his head. "That'll be $2.49."

"Oh, shit. I only have 2 dollars," he looks up at me, concerned.

"That's okay, it's on the house," I say, smiling at him.

"Really? Are you sure?" he asks.

"Of course," I say back.

"I could just cancel the order," he says.

"No, that's alright," I say.

"Do you want this then?" he asks, holding out the 2 dollars.

"Nope," I tell him.

"Please, take it," he says, smiling softly.

"It's okay, your drink is free. We're having a special today, the 3rd customer gets their order for free!" I say jokingly. He laughs softly, the sound making my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you..." he thinks for a second. "Y/n, right?"

"Yeah, that's me," I say, smiling.

"I knew it. You took my order a couple days ago, right?" he asks.

"Yeah, that's also me," I tell him.

"I remembered you. You're quite hard to forget, did you know that?" he asks me.

"No, why's that?" I ask, confused.

"Well, 'cause you're so pretty," he responds charmingly, smiling. I felt my cheeks start to burn, and he laughed softly.

"Thank you," I say awkwardly.

"It's only the truth," he said, making my face burn even hotter.

Jayme laughed behind us. I looked back at him, shooting him a dirty look. He had Calum's drink in his hand, having just made it. He handed it to him, to which Calum thanked him.

"Have a lovely day," Calum said to the both of us.

"You too," I replied. Jayme smiled in response.

I watched as he walked out the door, mentally preparing myself for Jayme to pester me over the interaction.