Ch13- Just missed each other

A/N; Yoo Sangah- An older sister like character <3~

.

.

.

~

Some days ago~

"Cale-ssi, please take good care of yourself and eat more"

Yoo Sangah held Cale's hand and looked at him in the eyes as if daring him to say no.

"Also, Gilyoung, Nam Won, are you sure you two are not staying here? Ah! Please don't misunderstand!"

She waved her hands and her eyes grew a bit panicked at the thought of them misunderstanding her but she still spoke her original intentions.

"I understand that Rasheel-nim is stronger than all of us here and can protect you but I'm just worried. I mean, It's not that I don't believe you but there are a lot of scary monsters outside. And they are just children.... Just, what if..."

Yoo Sangah's voice grew smaller at the end.

"Yoo Sangah-ssi, you don't need to worry"

As she heard a warm voice that has become familiar to her these days, she slowly lifted her head.

"Neither the children nor others will be harmed in any way"

With her lips pressed against each other, Yoo Sangah briefly closed her eyes.

"I understand. That's why let's make a promise"

"A promise?" Cale questioned. He usually makes deals but a promise... The corner of his lips quirked upward under his mask.

"Sure let's do that"

Yoo Sangah's face was bright but the same time, serious.

"In the past days, Cale-ssi became like a little brother to me"

She started. Anyone could see that she was sincere.

"We will not die until we see you all again, so, none of you can die either"

Seo Soo Yun smiled. Yoo Sangah was not saying that only to Cale. It was to all of them. She was asking all of them not to die and in return, they will preserve and survive. It was a simple but heavy request.

The crowd formed by Seo Soo Yun, Park Changmin, Rasheel, Lee Gilyoung, Kim Nam Won, Lee Hyung Sang, and finally, Yoo Sangah focus their gaze on Cale.

Receiving these eyes and the burden behind them, Cale affirmed. "I promise. None of them will die"

Rasheel's lips twitched.

"Also, Yoo Sangah-ssi, children are stronger than you think"

Cale had seen many strong children until now. Although, it was heartbreaking that they matured early due to the rotten world and disgusting adults.

"Huh?"

The solemn mood suddenly turned lighthearted.

"Naturally, you will see later but you have to stay alive until then to see that scene"

Yoo Sangah was dumbfounded. She felt like her words somehow returned to her.

"Sure"

"Instead, let's add one more condition"

Yoo Sangah happily smiled.

"Uh...?"

Seeing such a Yoo Sangah, an iffy feeling grew in Cale's chest.

"You said, 'Neither the children nor the others will be harmed in any way' "

"Umm... Yes?"

Yoo Sangah's smile became thicker and the iffy feeling became more and more obvious that he almost couldn't maintain his composure.