Chapter 10: Campaign

Start from the beginning

Medina Sultan's POV: Mehmed- I- I would be honoured to but does not Mihrişah Sultan deserve the title more than me?

Sultan Mehmed's POV: I asked Mihrişah Sultan if she wanted to, but she declined saying that you deserve it more.

Medina Sultan's POV: Oh, then I am honoured to take the title as the Chief of the Harem.

Well, then Engin Ağa make it known that Haseki Medina Sultan is from now on the Chief of the Harem!

Engin Ağa POV: Of course, Hünkarim! I will inform the people in the Harem as soon as possible!

Medina Sultan's POV: Engin Ağa, also please tell the cooks in the Kitchen to prepare Lokum and Şerbert and a lot of delicious.

Engin Ağas POV: I will let them know. With your permission, I shall get going now.

Sultan Mehmed's POV: You can go now, Engin Ağa!

*Engin Ağa leaves the Chambers*

Sultan Mehmed's POV: Medina, incase you are thinking about going please do not. I want to spend time with you.

*He goes over to you and hugs and kisses you.* 

Medina Sultan's POV: Mehmed, can you please stop? I am not in the mood right now.

Sultan Mehmed's POV: Oh- I am sorry! But why are you not in the mood? I mean you just gained the highest position in the Harem.

Medina Sultan's POV: I am happy, but I am just tired that is why!

Sultan Mehmed's POV: Oh, then you can leave if you want to or you can rest in my bed!

Medina Sultan's POV: With your permission, I shall leave now!

Sultan Mehmed's POV: You have my permission! I love you.

Medina Sultan's POV: I love you too Mehmed!

*You exit his Chamber and go back to your room. You wanted to rest before you went down to celebrate. After you rested, you went to the Hammam and bathed there and then you went back to your Chambers to get ready. You wore a beautiful pink dress with as equally beautiful jewellry.*

Medina Sultan's POV: Leyla, please tell me how I look?

Leyla Hatuns POV: My dear Medina, you always look splendid! Now, tell me how I look?

Medina Sultan's POV: Leyla, you look so beautiful! You are more beautiful than me!

Leyla: Medina, stop lying! I will never achieve the level of beauty that you have!

Medina Sultan's POV: Leyla, you are so beautiful! Trust me! Also, I know that you have feelings for Ganzafer Paşa.

Leyla Hatuns POV: How, did you find out?

Medina Sultan's POV: Sibling instincts! Now let's go or we will be late!

*You and Leyla arrive at the festivities. Like usual loads of people were dancing, singing and the children were playing. You felt happy. You knew that Mihrişah Sultan had gone to the Old Palace because she wished to do so after her Mother died. And you granted her that wish. But you noticed that Princess Katarina  and her daughter Esma were at the festivities. Usually they would attend the festivities but you couldn't see them anywhere. So figured that they might be at the garden. So you went there. You saw them gazing up the sky.*

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: My dear Ema, one day when I am not here, I want you to go live with Medina Sultan

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: My dear Ema, one day when I am not here, I want you to go live with Medina Sultan. She will take care of you when I am not here.

Ema Hatuns POV: But Mother, what if I don’t want to?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: You will have to even if you do not want to! I just want you to be safe!

Ema Hatuns POV: Alright, I trust your words!

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: Ema, you should go inside. It is getting cold!

Ema Hatuns POV: Alright! See you later, Mother!

*Ema Hatun leaves. You see Katharina coughing violently. You run over to her and see she coughing blood.*

Medina Sultan's POV: Katharina why are you coughing blood?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: I am sick Medina Sultan. I will die soon. Please take care of Ema.

*Then Princess Katarina collapses*

Medina Sultan's POV: Katharina! Do not close your eyes! You cannot die! You are young! Please!

Princess Katarina of Bosnia's POV: Medina, it is no use. I am going to close my eyes soon. Please take care of her!

*Princess Katarina then closes her eyes and does not move. You try to wake her but you fail, so you gather all the strength you have and pick her up and drag her to the infirmary.*

Medina Sultan's POV: Doctor, please tell me if she is alive!

Doctor: I must sadly dissapoint you Sultanim, she is dead. May she rest in Peace!

"MOTHER! PLEASE WAKE UP! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!"

*You saw Ema scream those words in agony. Your heart couldn't stand the pain the girl is going through. She is now an orphan. You went up to her and hugged her as tightly as you could. You reasured her through words that her Mother is in a better place. She cried even more in your embrace. You started crying aswell. It was a scene full of tears and pain.*