Chapter 4: More news

Rukiye: Hafsa, I feel so bad for you! Your mother called you filthy. I swear to protect you like my own!

*3 weeks later*

Sultan Mehmed: Ganzafer, I will appoint you as Grand Vezir! You are also allowed to marry one of my Sisters! Which one do you like the most?

Ganzafer Paşa: If you allow, I would like to marry Melike Sultan!

Guard: Attention! Melike Sultan!

Sultan Mehmed: Melike, would you like to marry your childhood crush named  Ganzafer?

Melike: Hünkarim!? Am I really allowed?

Sultan Mehmed: Yes, you are allowed!

Melike: Then, I want to marry Ganzafer!

Sultan Mehmed: Alright! Melike, please announce to everyone in the harem that  you will be marrying Ganzafer Paşa and that I will start a campaign in Podgorica(Montenegro).

Melike Sultan: But Hünkarim, why must you start a campaign?

Sultan Mehmed: To ensure the safety of the Empire! Your Wedding will be held after the campaign!

Melike Sultan: But what if both of you die?

Sultan Mehmed: We won't!

*Meanwhile*

Engin Ağa: Marija Hatun, you seem to be a bit sad, why?

Marija: I don’t know why,I am feeling like this.

Guard: Attention! Melike Sultan!

*All of the people bow down to Melike Sultan*

Melike Sultan: Attention, I have news to share! The Grand Vezir Ganzafer Paşa and I shall marry after the Podgorica campaign is over!

Marija: Campaign? Is the Sultan going to war?

Engin Ağa: Yes, the Sultan is going to war!

Marija: If he doesn't come back from war alive, what will happen?

Engin Ağa: Tövbe Tövbe, Marija Hatun how can you say that? But incase that happens Şehzade Sinan will be put on the throne but he won't rule until he is 18 years old, most likely his Mother will rule as a Co-regent or the Empire will crumble. And all of the Sultans Sisters, Concubines and the Valide alongside their servants will be send in to the Palace of Tears. The Palace of Tears is a beautiful Palace, but it holds the many tears of the women who were sent there. Why are you asking me these type of questions?

Marija: Engin Ağa, I was just curious! There is nothing to be afraid of!