"It's okay, Y/N," Uira whispered, wrapping a comforting arm around Y/N. "I'll be right there beside you."

The two reached the line of little village girls who had been chosen to be Y/N's flower girls. They were just in time. They could hear the music drifting over the hedges that were obscuring them from the view of the guests. Y/N could picture Aloren standing at the altar, one hand on his sword, the other holding his cap under his arm. He was a soldier, or at least, he had been. Once he was married, he would be a soldier no more. He would be Y/N's husband. He would stay at home with her, protecting her and loving her as a husband should. He would give her a life of comfort. The life that every girl dreamed of. 

The flower girls started to walk and Uira and Y/N followed behind them. Y/N forced her feet to keep walking. One step... Two steps... Three steps. Her enchanted heels didn't sink into the grass as she walked down the aisle, Uira holding her arm in a comforting embrace. It was the only thing that kept Y/N from turning and running in the other direction 

"You're okay," Uira whispered, squeezing Y/N's hand. 

They watched as Aloren walked down the steps to receive Y/N. There was a kind smile on his face, but a hint of sadness in his eyes. He knew she didn't want this, and yet, there was nothing he could do. Their parents had planned it, and he knew that Y/N would be forced to go back to her mother if this marriage didn't happen. This was for the best. Wasn't it? He would swear to protect her and treasure her until his dying breath. But was it what Y/N wanted? No. 

Uira and Y/N reached the end of the aisle and Aloren extended his hand to Y/N. Uira gave her hand over, though she paused for a moment.

"Take care of her, Aloren," she said. She spoke in a soft voice. A voice that allowed Y/N and Aloren to hear what she was saying, but a voice that kept their words away from the prying ears of the guests. "Make sure you treasure her."

"I promise I will," Aloren responded, in an equally soft tone. He smiled at Y/N and took her hand. Y/N exhaled at the touch of his gloved hand in hers. He was gentle. He was kind. He was everything that she should desire in a husband. 

"Aloren," she whispered as they approached the officiant. "I'm scared."

Aloren squeezed her hand. "I know. But you have nothing to be scared of, Y/N. I'm sorry you have to do this." 

They stood before the officiant, both taking deep breaths. Aloren could see the tears in Y/N's eyes through the veil. He fought the urge to embrace her and allowed the officiant to start.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

⚔⚜⚔

Malleus stumbled out of the mirror and raised his gaze to the manor that sat above the rest in the centre of the island.

"Run, Malleus," Lilia urged as he stepped through the mirror. "Run until you reach her!"

Malleus nodded and was off like a shot, his feet pounding into the ground beneath as he tore up the dirt and gravel. His clothes were askew, his hair a mess. He had spent the last two days convincing the council to allow him to marry Y/N rather than Lady Fayetta. It had taken two days of arguing to finally convince them that he loved her more than anyone ever could have thought possible. How he loved her so much that he would take any punishment that his mother wished, if only it meant that he could have Y/N in his arms.

"Wait for me, Y/N," Malleus shouted to the world as he ran through the forests. The creatures scattered from the powerful vibrations in the earth, terrified at the thought of such a large beast running through the woods. He ran through the village, a mere gust of wind to the villagers that went about their daily lives, some gossiping about the wedding that was taking place up at the manor.