Chapter 7: Saying Goodbye

Hi, dear lovely readers this is an update of the story. Please leave a comment and I hope you enjoyed it :)

Happy reading;)
...............

[Shay POV]

(The day of leaving)

After we've done, putting away all of our stuffs into the car, it's time to say goodbye to grandma and grandpa.

Exchanging hugs with one another, it's getting a bit emotional when grandma's tears peeking through.

"I will miss you too, grandma." I told her while wiping off the tears from her cold cheeks.

"You should be. So that you will not forget me here." Replied grandma.

I carved a smile at her. "Of course. How could I forget my beautiful grandma."

For the second time, I pulled her in for another hug.

"Stop being overly dramatic, Denise. When will they able to leave if you keep holding them like this." Spoke Grandpa who has been watching the whole ongoing dramatic scene.

It made us all to crack a laugh.

And, then we hopped into the car before Dad stepped on the pedal and drove away leaving my grandparent.

I will see you later, grandma, grandpa.

"Dad, can we visit mom before we leaving?" Asked Ella who was sitting at the back seat.

"Of course, sweetheart. Actually, that was exactly the plan even if you didn't ask." Responded Dad and it made Ella to throw both of her hands into the air with joy.
...............
"Mom, we are leaving today. I promise that I will come to visit you again. Please, rest in peace, mom." Said Ella softly while placing a bouquet of lilies onto the grave.

I gave a soft pat on her head before she turned her gaze facing mine and flashed a smile.

"You've done great." I told her and pulled a smile too.

"Are you not going to say goodbye to mom?" She asked.

"I've already done it, yesterday."

"Okay." She responded with a nod.

"Then, both of you go and wait for me in the car. I will be right behind you." Said Dad who was standing behind us the entire time.

I turned my back to look at him and pursue another smile.

"Let's go, Ella." I hold my sister hand in my hand and walk hand in hand with her towards the car.

I'm sure the pain that our father had been feeling from losing mom wasn't any lesser than us, her children.

In matter of fact, she is his other half. It means, when mom passed away, his other half also had gone. I could never understand how he feels but I will make sure to always be by his side.
..............
I was listening to my MP3 while waiting for dad. In the meantime, an unexpected guest appeared right from behind my father's car.

I was taken aback a little to see the presence of that very person.

"Sam. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Sam!" Shouted Ella from inside of the car before stormed out of it and went straight into Sam's embrace.

I forgot how close these two are. Apparently, Sam is good with kids. That's why Ella grew fonder towards Sam than her own brother.

"Hey, cutie pie. I thought you already forget me." Said Sam.

"Of course not. I thought it was you that had forgotten me. Since, you never come around anymore."