Chapter 4: Talking to Pumpkin

Hello! Dear lovely readers.
Here is the new chapter of the novel. Please leave a comment and give a star if you like this chapter 😉

Btw, drop in the comment section whether you have a sweet nickname for your grandparent.

Happy reading;)
……………………….

[Lucas POV]

After I done with the dinner and washing the dishes, I went to check on my grandma at her room.

A knock on the door, before I heard my grandma replied to it by saying, “Come in.” She sounded so weak.

As I stepped inside her room, I saw her lying on the bed with her back facing the head of the bed.

“Grandma.” I called for her softly while presenting a soft smile.

“Hi, sweetheart.” She responded with a hoarse voice, before coughing a bit.

I get worried seeing her condition and rushed to take a seat beside her on the bed.

“Are you okay, grandma? Let me get you some water.” I said before I reached out my hand towards the jug of water that was readily prepared by my mother on the nightstand next to her bed, and pour into the glass.

“Here, drink it slowly.” I continued help her by holding the glass for her and ushered the glass to her mouth.

“Thanks, sweetheart.” She said to me.

“Most welcome, pumpkin.”

She chuckled softly as I called her by that nickname. She is my sweetheart that nobody could replace.

I brought my hand to grasp her hand gently and stared at her wrinkled, yet soft hand.

Only then, I realised she’s getting old. Back then, the same hand that was holding onto my hand wasn’t looked like this.

The hand that had cooked for me.

The hand that had showered me.

The hand that had comforted me.

The hand that had hugged me.

And, the hand that had took care of me throughout my childhood.

“Are you going to stare at my hand, all night long, sweetheart?” She asked and brought me back into reality.

I was in daze for a second.

A chuckle slipped my mouth, “It is because your hand is so pretty, pumpkin. That’s why I can’t take my eyes off from it.” I made a joke.

And, she took the bait as she was giggling over it.

“You should save those sweet words for your girlfriend.”

“You’re my girlfriend, aren’t you? As far as I remember, we’re still in a good relationship, aren’t we?” I pulled out another joke, just to see her smile more.

This time, she was laughing.

“That’s good to see you laughing like this.”

She stared into me with soft eyes before she brought her other hand to caress my hand gently.

“I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me, okay.”

She saw right through me, even though I tried to conceal my worries away but she still can detect it.

“Isn’t there’s any other way to cure it? Should we try to go to other hospital? Or should we try to get treatment from another specialist?” I was getting desperate and nervous seeing her current condition.