𝑬𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 (𝑺𝒐𝒇𝒕!𝑳)

No TW's here. Only cuteness :)

681 words                                                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When did you start loving me?"

He had asked that question in the middle of the night, when you both had all just returned from a grueling detective mission and collapsed on the bed. The sky was dark and not even a star pointed the tip of its nose in the middle of this sad void, with no light to beautify it. A chilling breeze caressed your skin and apart from your erratic breath, the room was silent. You didn't bother answering his question.

You've been staring at the ceiling of your shared room, sleep trying to overcome your frail body. L wasn't tired and he made it known by asking again, the exact same question, in the exact same blank tone. Now you were curious. L doesn't talk much, so it surprised you. His question did so even more.

"I'm not exactly sure. I think I got used to you first and then it was just...obvious. I woke up one morning and I knew I was in love with you and that's pretty much  how it went," you said, smiling at the sweet memory.

"Hm." L closed his eyes, taking in all your words.

"When did you start loving me ?" It was your turn to ask. You couldn't let the chance pass. "If you even love me, that is. You never say or show a thing."

"I do love you."

Your heart skipped a beat and your smile grew wider. L frowned slightly and placed his hand on his neck to feel his excessively strong heartbeat. It's something that always happened in your presence. You were the only person capable to make his heart beat like that, and it wasn't in excitation, nor anger; it was pure serenity and yet... He thinks that's probably why he asked you to marry him. He didn't want this feeling to stop or disappear. He wanted to go crazy and he wanted to do it with with you by his heavenly side.

"So? Since when?"

"Since my heart started beating so hard that I could hear it even in a crowd," he said.

You turn your head towards him, your eyes sparkling in amusement.

"Is it that strong ?" You laugh softly and bring your hand to his neck to feel his pulse. He did the same around your neck.

"Yours is strong too," he said, staring at you straight in the eye. "Stronger than mine even."

You took on a falsely offended look. You approached his face and placed a tender kiss on his cheek, all trace of fatigue already left you.

"Are you sure?"

You position yourself above him, arms placed on each side of his head in what L thought was the most beautiful cage in the world.

"Are you really really sure, L?" you whispered in his ear.

You were more than delighted when you heard him gulp and saw his hand twitch, a disoriented look on his face. He wasn't used to this kind of behavior, especially not from you, but it wasn't...unpleasant either. Having you blatantly show him this side of you meant you really were confident in his presence, and he loved that thought.

You smile and brush your lips against his, teasingly. The fun was too big. You couldn't keep it to yourself and ended up laughing loudly, your head shot back in your hilarity.

"I'm hearing your heart from here, L," you said between two giggles.

L felt like you were mocking him and his excitation disappeared, leaving him frowning disapprovingly at you when you rolled off of him, on the bed and out of breath.

"We match perfectly," you said lovingly.

You were too much. He didn't entirely understand how you could make him pass from an emotion to another so quickly. Perhaps that's why his heart was beating so fast: it tried to keep up with you. It was a race, a friendly competition, where no one gets to win. The ghost of a smile danced on L's lips. Embarrassment isn't so bad when it's with you.