𝑺𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 (𝑶𝒃𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆!𝑳)

TW: Obsessive/unhealthy behavior

618 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah what the fuck?!"

Ripping your body from the warmth of the blankets, you frantically eyed down the dark figure. The only prominent feature seeable through the blackness being his cold, coal colored eyes. Your knees reached your stomach as you dragged your body back, away from the prying pair of eyes next to your bed.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

It was a stupid question, you knew that, but getting answers out of him was one of the very few joys you've experienced under his "care". The satisfaction of him explaining his sick and twisted logic to you, providing some form of an answer for the way he treats you - it quickly became a fixation of yours.

"You're so....endearing when you're resting. It appears to be the only time you aren't scowling or spitting your venom. How...adorable."

The arrogant response was far from satisfying. The false sweetness in his voice softly contradicted the condensing, backhanded comment he so fondly refers to as a compliment.

L finally removes himself from the seat he had spent hours watching you from; he tugs the tie from his neck, then walks away as if nothing had happened. "What a burdensome day I've had, angel," he said, clearly expecting you to question him about it. Your captor's entitlement towards your person has never known boundaries, but that doesn't mean you'd make things easy for him.

His expectations of you were not something you weren't willing to submit to; L understood this by now. The idea of playing house with him was infuriating, to pretend that you loved him back or even wished to speak with him - it would never happen despite how much L attempted to force it.

"I'm thirsty," you mumbled.

Without another word, you stood up from the bed; thirsty for nothing more than to put as much space between you and him as you could possibly manage.

"You are a very....peculiar woman, Y/N."

The atmosphere abruptly shifted, becoming much heavier.

"I'm the only person on this planet who's ever truly loved you... and yet, this is how you repay  me for my undying display of kindness and affection?"

Your body froze within the door frame.

His sweet tone had vanished, leaving a devilish, cold sound in its place - causing Goosebumps to invade your skin. You've heard this tone many times before, just never concerning you. It is the same tone he uses against the many men he killed, the ones who dared to touch you, speak to you, or even look at you.

"I'm growing rather impatient with you." The bed creaked behind you before a line of footsteps drew closer.

You finally reconnected with your paralyzed body, prompting you to continue out of the bedroom and towards the staircase - like a mouse scampering from a cat. A part of you knew that walking away from L at this moment was a foolish decision, but your burning resentment seemed to always overpower your actions.

"Tsk." The sudden harsh grasp of your wrist caused a pathetic shriek to escape your mouth. He stared you down, silently enjoying as he watched the stubborn bravery you held slowly wither away.

Standing there, you felt your soul being swallowed by your captor; watching helplessly as your entire truth crumbled.

Existing alongside L has become unbearable as of late, yet somehow, it couldn't compare to this moment; the feeling of your heart banging against your ribcage.

"Oh," L's eyes soften. "I'm sorry, angel. Did I frighten you?"

His grip around your wrist loosens, allowing you a modest taste of relief as he softly lays your hand against his chest. "Hm, My bad," he whispers, pulling you towards him.

He grins down at you as if nothing had happened.

"Now, why don't you smile and give me a kiss."