"Exactly."

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND, YOU PUNK?!"

Hayes covered his ears to prevent them from bleeding.

"You could've lost your life! You even bring the child with you!"

"It's not like I had expected to see them."

"Dear me. You're lucky that I'm your teacher so you can make it out alive with the elves."

"I know. But, don't you find it weird? Why are they after the life stone?"

Edwin tried to cool down his mind before he answered Hayes's question. Meanwhile, Hayes was a bit confused to see his teacher didn't react strongly to this fact.

"They have made their move."

Hayes flinched. He clenched his fist anticipating the next words of his teacher.

"By securing the life stone means to get rid of the thing that can hinder them."

The room fell silent. These two people were drowning in their own minds until Edwin broke the silence.

"I'll look into this matter. Tell the children to always be aware of their surroundings."

Hayes nodded but he was still glued to his chair.

"Why aren't you going?"

Edwin asked since it was unusual for Hayes to stay. Usually, he would leave immediately after Edwin gave him a final decision.

"What about the bird?"

Edwin tilted his head.

"Bird?"

"Yes. The bird."

Hayes intentionally emphasized the word the for Edwin to understand. And it took him a couple of seconds to understand what Hayes means.

"Ahh, the bird. It's fine as long as it doesn't change its form."

"You don't need to worry about that. He's a good bird. I'll get going then."

Edwin let out a small chuckle when he saw Hayes was back to his normal self. Even for him, looking at Hayes's serious expression was a bit weird.

Hayes gestured with his head to Tyrael as a sign to follow him after he closed Edwin's door tightly. Without asking any questions, Tyrael obediently tailed him.

On the other hand, Zoella who was excitedly talking with her friends noticed Hayes and Tyrael's arrival. She rose from her chair and approached them.

"So, do I have his permission?"

Hayes patted Zoella's head lightly.

"Of course. It's none other than me who asked for it."

Zoella grinned as he looked at Eirwen in his cage. Back at her house, she hesitated to bring Eirwen to the dorm. But she also didn't want to leave him there.

Seeing his disciple's distress, Hayes told her that it was okay if she wanted to bring Eirwen. If Zoella needed permission then Hayes would take care of it.

"Thank you so much, teacher."

"No problem. Anyways, I can trust this guy to you, right?"

Hayes pulled Tyrael so they stood shoulder to shoulder.

"Of course. Don't worry about a thing."

"That's great. Well, I'll head to the teacher's dorm now. See you later."

Zoella waved at Hayes who immediately went to his dorm.

"So, let me introduce you. Tyrael these are my friends."

"My name is Lilian Myers. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Margaret Norris. Call me Margaret, okay?"

"Warren Piers. Just call me Warren."

Tyrael felt a bit uncomfortable with their friendly gaze. Luckily, he managed to keep his face straight.

"My name is Tyrael... Whitlock. Nice to meet you all, hu-"

The three of them looked confused since they saw Tyrael looked like he was in pain but they didn't know why.

It was natural because Zoella pinched his back really hard. Tyrael almost blurted out the word 'human' if Zoella didn't do it.

"Are you okay, Tyrael?"

Concern laced through Margaret's voice.

"He's fine, everything is fine. Anyways, Lilian will be your guide in the Swordsmanship department and Warren will be your guide in the dorm. The classes will start in three days so I hope you guys can get along."

"He'll be fine, Zoe. This fellow is in the right hand. Just trust me and Lilian in this matter."

Warren said it with a wide smile on his face.

'But that's exactly why I got worried.'