Part 48

Amelia Leighton still clearly remembered her lost daughter. Her cheerful smile, silky silver hair, eyes as beautiful as amethyst, the way she walked with her tiny feet, Amelia remembered it all.

The girl who suddenly appeared before her eyes, her heart had no doubt that she was her daughter, her little girl.

"She is my disciple, Zoella Rae."

Amelia's amber eyes trembled the moment Hayes said her name. Her heart became more convinced that she was indeed her daughter.

Other people might forget her daughter's name but never even one second in her life did Amelia forget.

Zoella Rainelle Leighton. Her precious daughter.

Her eyes followed Zoella's movements in longing. Just how much she wanted to hold her and never let her go again. The past thirteen years were hellish for her.

Amelia was lucky that her husband and her son were so patient and never gave up on her.

Despite that, the two of them couldn't heal Amelia's heart.

Sizzle~

The wound on the knight's arm slowly disappeared without a trace. Zoella used her highest grade potions and shared them with the knights.

"All done."

"Thank you, young miss."

"It's no problem."

After she made sure all the knights were treated, she got back to her teacher who was still in the middle of a conversation. When her eyes locked with the Countess's, for some reason her gaze made Zoella want to cry.

"Teacher, I-"

Zoella's body stiffened and she didn't continue her words. No, more like she was too surprised to continue.

She was suddenly hugged by the Countess. It wasn't a tight but rather a soft and warm hug. Still, Zoella was quite surprised and confused. She couldn't even move around afraid that Amelia would be disturbed.

"My daughter..."

Her eyes widened when she heard Amelia whisper in her ear. She looked at Hayes hoping he would help her from this situation.

"Ahem. Count, I'm sorry but we have an unfinished business to do."

"How about you and your disciple rest at our estate first, Sir Castor?"

Hayes glanced at Zoella who looked troubled with the Countess hugging her. If he agreed to Elijah's offer, Hayes wasn't sure if Zoella could continue to train.

"Thank you for your kind offer. However, we need to move as soon as possible."

The Count looked dejected when he heard Hayes's refusal. Slowly, he approached his wife and released Zoella from her embrace.

Amelia looked at her husband in confusion.

"Dear, Sir Castor and his disciple need to go."

Amelia's eyes shook. She didn't understand why her husband said their daughter need to go.

"What? But she-"

"I promised to visit your estate when the time comes. Please, excuse us."

Hayes didn't wait for the couple's answer and left with Zoella. Amelia tried to go after them but Elijah's arms were too strong.

"Why did you let her go? My daughter..."

Elijah held his wife tightly to calm her down. At this time, he remembered when Edwin and Hayes suddenly talked to him a few months ago.