Part 41

Someone, no, rather something who looked exactly like Ezekiel stared at him with a smile on his face. Ezekiel didn't feel any pain now but his eyes remained closed. No matter how hard he tried to open it his eyelids didn't budge.

Ezekiel eventually resigned and scanned his own body. There was no scale on his skin anymore also his nails' lengths were normal. Rather, the thing in front of him had a body in a state he was in earlier.

Yet he didn't groan. It was as if those traits had been his from the start. He looked really glad as he caressed his scaled cheek.

"Who are you?"

Ezekiel finally let out a question that somehow stuck in his throat. The person before him chuckled as he folded his arms.

"Ahh, I almost forgot. The name is Antaboga."

Ezekiel flinched. His mind went blank when he heard the name of that person. And for a second, he could see the image of Antaboga's true form. His body was like that of a giant serpent.

Antaboga. It was a well-known name as the name of the dragon. Vadian Empire had one nation religion where they worshipped the God of life, Maharin. It was said that Maharin was in charge of creation and the afterlife, and Antaboga was ordered to protect the balance within the human realm.

However, as a living being, Antaboga wasn't immortal. And so, he went through reincarnation over and over again for the rest of his life.

"I'm sure you're quite confused as to why I am in your body."

Antaboga approached him with a majestic smile stayed on his face. Ezekiel unconsciously took a step back.

"I'm here to fulfill our deal."

Ezekiel blinked his eyes a few times. He was sure that this was the first time Ezekiel had to meet Antaboga. Yet Antaboga talked to him as if they have known each other for a long time. And Ezekiel had no way of knowing about the deal Antaboga spoke of.

"You met your lover faster than I thought. Maharin must have set it up so I could come out of your body sooner."

"Lover..."

Ezekiel's face went red as Zoella's face appeared in his mind. Antaboga chuckled when he saw Ezekiel being shy. Because he resided inside Ezekiel's body all this time, it was only natural that he knew about Ezekiel's mind.

"It was around 300 years ago you suddenly came to my lair and asked me to revive her. Well, things aren't going well at that time so we made another agreement. It will take a while so just sleep."

Antaboga flicked Ezekiel's forehead to make him sleep. He won't wake up for at least five days.

***

On the other side, Zoella and her classmates were saying goodbye to each other. The last class had been dismissed and all of the students were eager to finally enjoy their holiday.

Zoella separates herself from her friends to approach her other classmates. As she walked past Blaire, Zoella couldn't help but whisper.

"The first year was fun. But it'll be more fun if you and your little group stay away from me."

Blaire subtly nodded her head without answering. Her body didn't stop trembling even after Zoella left her.

"See you in the second year, Zoella."

"Zoella, would you give this to Sir Castor?"

"Mine too!"

"Wait, hold on. Slowly, guys."

Zoella who only wanted to bid farewell to her classmates became an owl who delivered their love letter to her teacher. Not to mention, almost half of the girls write them.

"Zoella, can I talk to you?"

It was Olive, the one who led Zoella to the restroom by the order from Blaire in the past. Zoella turned to face her while saying nothing. It was her sign that she was listening.

"I'm... sorry. I admit I was a coward and weak. But that didn't justify what I did to you. I just want to say sorry."

Zoella scratched her not-itchy cheeks while averting her eyes from Olive. Honestly, if Zoella thinks about it right now she was too hard on her. She felt bad about what she said to Olive.

"Well, it's all in the past. I was also... um kinda rude to you. Sorry. Honestly, it's okay to be weak. But it's not okay to stay weak. Then, see you next year."

Zoella waved her hand as she returned to Margaret. Without Zoella knowing, her words seemed to be buried deep inside Olive's heart.

Zoella and Margaret left the class right after they put on their coats and shawls. They greeted Lilian and Warren who were already waiting for them near the gate.

A lot of carriages parked alongside the road waiting for their masters. Beside one of those carriages, Zoella could see a familiar figure. It was Hayes waiting for Zoella to say goodbye to her friends while leaning his back to the carriage.

"Well, it's been a fun year."

"Agree. Can't wait to see you guys next year."

"Make sure to come back, Zoe. It'll be too much peace without you. Ouch!"

"Nice smack, Lilian. I don't want to say it but I have to. Umm... Ehm...See you next year."

They chuckled as Margaret seemed to try really hard to say it. The four did a group hug before they parted ways to their own carriage. Zoella waved her hand for the last time and get into the carriage with Hayes.

Melancholy feeling filled her heart once the carriage moved. It was the first time Zoella felt like this. Even in the past when the holiday started, she felt nothing and just went straight to her small apartment.

Zoella snapped out of her mind when she locked eyes with Hayes. She just realized that she was forgetting something.

"Anyways, teacher here are some love letters from my classmates."

She took the letters out of her bags and shoved them into Hayes's hands. Hayes who was already used to this just hold them calmly.

"Harriet's house is in the south region so I think it'll take half a day to arrive. You can take a nap if you're tired, Zoe. "

"Okay. But be sure to wake me when we arrive."

"Alright just leave it to me."

Zoella positioned herself in a way that was comfortable for her to sleep and within a second, she was already away in her dream.

Hayes was dazed on the snowy road as his mind recalled his conversation with Edwin. His teacher wanted Zoella to become stronger. Not only her physique but also her mind.

If things went according to their plan, it won't be long before Zoella debut not only as Hayes's disciple but also with a new identity.

Furthermore, when Hayes recalled the kidnapping incident he was aware that Zoella could be in a more dangerous situation than before. It was lucky that Hayes accompany them back then.

He couldn't stop thinking about his encounter with a suspicious mage since then. Hayes was sure that he sensed black mana in his body. He tried to investigate the mage however he got nothing.

The fact that the mage was present when the kidnapping happened couldn't be something Hayes brushed off as a coincidence.

With that matter in mind, Hayes determined to make Zoella stronger than before.