4: Cordelia

That night everyone decided to spend the night at the Institute. Only Tatiana and Grace left. Thank the Angel I thought, Tatiana was definitely was not the best person to be around. I wasn't sure why she even came to the Institute. She hated uncle Will, and her brothers.

As I laid in my bed, I thought about how James and Grace hadn't looked each other as they said hello. Grace couldn't have been the one James is in love with. But if it wasn't her, then who was it?

I rolled onto my side, it was about three in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I got up and put my robe on, and left my room. As I walked through the halls of Institute, I looked at the tapestries on the wall. They were of Jonathan Shadowhunter and the Angel Raziel.

I found myself in the library of the Institute. I didn't read much, but I knew Aunt Tessa and Uncle Will loved to read. So does James, I thought to myself. Ugh I needed to stop doing that, James didn't love me back. I grabbed a book from the shelf, and looked at it for a second.

"Hello." A voice said from behind me.

Startled, I dropped the book I was holding. I turned around to see a boy with blonde hair and green eyes. Logan I think his name was.

"You frightened me." I breathed, as I bent down to pick up my book.

But Logan beat me to it. He scooped up the book and handed it to me, in one swift motion. I had never seen a Shadowhunter except for Uncle Will move that fast. I took the book, a bit surprised.

"Cordelia right?" He smirked.

"Yes, and your name is Logan?" I asked.

"That it is." He said.

"So how are you liking it here?" I asked politely.

"Very much now, since there's a pretty girl in the room." Logan said while smirking.

I was taken aback. Was he flirting with me? By the Angel he was flirting with me. He was very attractive, I won't lie about that.

"Oh umm....." I trailed off.

He laughed. "So you like reading?"

"Not particularly. I was just bored, and I found myself here." I explained. "But once in awhile I like to read."

"As smart, as she is pretty." Logan flirted again.

"Your related to my Uncle Will, aren't you?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Yes, yes I am." He said with a cheeky smile.

"I can tell." I chuckled.

"He's not really your uncle is he?" Logan asked.

"Not he's not. The Carstairs have always been close with the Herondales, so I call him Uncle Will." I said.

"So your close with the Lightwoods too?" He asked.

"Yes, and the Fairchilds." I added.

"I see." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

There was then an awkward silence.

"Um I think I going to go back to bed." I said.

"Goodnight Cordelia." Logan said with a smirk.

"Goodnight." I said and hurried out of the library.

By the Angel, what was that? I thought. Did Logan like me? He sure did flirt with me a lot. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I walked directly into someone.

"Woah, careful there Cordelia." A voice said and my heart warmed. James.

He pulled me back from him, and my arms burned from his touch.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay." He said with a small smile.

I then noticed he was fully dressed, and he was wearing his coat.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Out." James said simply.

"At three in the morning?" I said bewildered.

James just shrugged his shoulders. This wasn't like him, I thought. Something must be seriously wrong with them.

"James are you okay?" I asked him.

His golden eyes welled up with something that I couldn't put my finger on.

"That's just the question isn't it, am I okay?" He said dramatically.

"Pardon?" I said confused.

He laughed dryly. "Never mind."

He then started to walk away from me, down the hall.

"Wait James!" I called after him.

He turned to face me. "Yes?"

"Be careful." I said.

He smiled the slightest bit. "I'll try my best Cordy."

He then left, leaving me in the corridor. Oh how badly I wanted to go follow him. Against my will, I walked back to my bedroom. As I laid in my bed, I thought about how James had gotten all strange when I asked him if he was okay. Cordelia, I thought to myself this is James were talking about, everything is strange with him.