7: Alexa

Scarlett and I walked boredly, around the London Institute. I hadn't seen much of Max because he was constantly with Christopher Lightwood, and I hadn't seen my mother that much because she was with Cecily Lightwood.

I thought the whole thing was just strange. Right now, we were living with our relatives from the past. Just the thought weirded me out. I had to admit that the boys were attractive. That James Herondale was pretty hot, but Mathew Fairchild was probably the most attractive.

"Alexa? Are you even listening?" Scarlett asked.

"Of course." I lied.

She rolled her eyes. "No you aren't."

"Sorry Scarlett it's just, don't you think it's weird how we're meeting our relatives from the past?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I've barely seen my mother because she's been with Tessa, and I've barely seen my father because he's been with Will. Who knows where Logan and Austin are." She replied.

"Well at least there all friendly here." I said.

"Mathew's a little more friendly with you." Scarlett smirked.

"What! No he's not." I exclaimed.

She just laughed. "Okay sure."

"What about you? I know that you like James." I smirked.

"Alexa, you know I haven't gotten over-" Scarlett broke off.

Oh yeah, him. I suddenly felt bad about bringing it up.

We were so caught up in our conversation that we almost ran into Matthew, James, and Logan.

"Hello." James said politely.

"Hi." We said.

"Would like to come with us to the living room? Lucie and Cordelia are there too." Mathew asked.

"Um sure." I said.

We all walked silently, except for Scarlett and Logan who were bickering with each other, over the angel knows what. Mathew then sidled up next to me.

"Do they always do that?" He asked me, meaning Scarlett and Logan.

I chuckled a bit. "All the time."

"Do you fight with your brother?" Mathew asked me.

"Not really. Once in awhile we will though. Do you have a brother?" I said.

"Sadly yes." He said. "His name is Charles and we fight all the time. He's such a goody-two shoes, it drives me mad."

I just laughed, and Mathew chuckled as well. He has a nice laugh, I thought to myself. Oh no, was I getting feelings for him? We all walked into the living room, and there sat Cordelia and Lucie. As soon Cordelia saw James she started to blush. She must like him, I thought.

We all sat down, and I sat beside Cordelia and Scarlett. I noticed that Logan kept staring at Cordelia.

"Why is your brother staring at Cordelia?" I asked Scarlett.

"He loves her, I feel bad for her." She replied and I laughed a bit.

I then noticed that Mathew was staring at me. By the angel, did I look okay? All of the sudden Cordelia leaned over to me.

"I think Mathew may have a bit of a crush on you." She whispered.

Surprised, I coughed a bit. Mathew liked me? No he couldn't.

"Ooooh! Why don't we all go to Hyde park?" Lucie then suggested excitedly.

"Only if you don't make me go near the ducks again." James said coldly, and Mathew laughed.

We all agreed to go, and we walked out of the Institute. We reached the front steps of the Institute, when we were stopped by a girl. Well a ghost, not a girl. She looked like she had blonde hair and she was very pretty. She looked about our age.

"Where do you think you are going?" She asked James.

James groaned. "Auntie Jessamine, we're only going to the park."

"Okay I was just checking. Your father asked me to keep a close on eye on you. You may go." She said and she disappeared from the steps.

"Who was that?" I asked as we all started to walk again.

"That's our Auntie Jessamine. She died when she was our age, and the angel Raziel sent her back here as a ghost to protect the Institute." Mathew explained.

Weird, I thought to myself. We walked for a bit longer, until we got to Hyde park. It was very beautiful and there were ponds with ducks in them.

"James, how angry would you be if I pushed in here?" Mathew smirked, while standing by the pond.

"I would kill you." James said half jokingly.

"My fathers afraid of ducks too." Scarlett said.

"It's a Herondale thing." Lucie said and we all chuckled.

We all found ourselves sitting under a tree.

"Do you guys wanna play truth or dare?" Logan asked.

"What's that?" Cordelia asked.

"Someone asks you truth or dare. If you pick truth you have to answer any question they ask you, and if you pick dare you have to do anything they ask you." Logan explained.

"That sounds fun, lets play." Mathew said.

"Okay." Logan said. "Scarlett, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Scarlett replied.

"Do you think that Will is hot?" Logan asked with a smirk.

Scarlett turned very red. "Um yeah."

"That is my father." Lucie said kind of grossed out.

"Sorry." Scarlett said and we all laughed.

"Mathew, truth or dare?" Scarlett said.

"Truth." He said.

"Who do you think is the prettiest out of all of us sitting here?" She asked.

"Alexa." Mathew said very embarrassed.

James smirked and hit him on the shoulder, and Mathew punched him. I felt myself blush, he thought I was pretty. Mathew then asked Lucie, and then Lucie asked James.

"James, truth or dare?" She asked.

"Truth." He said.

"Who are you in love with?" Lucie asked with a smirk.

James's face immediately darkened.

"No one." He said.

"Yes you are. Tell me." Lucie said.

"I said I don't love anyone." James said again.

"Luce, just leave him." Mathew said trying to help James.

"No I want to know. Tell me James." She demanded.

"It's none of your business." He said starting to get angry.

"Ha! So you do love someone!" Lucie exclaimed.

"I never said that." James said.

"But you implied it." She said defiantly.

James then stood up frustrated.

"Look Lucie, I don't love anyone. I'm done playing this game, it's stupid." He said angrily and then he stormed off.

"Classic Jamie for you." Lucie said while rolling her eyes.

Mathew then got up and chased James. Dinner is going to be so awkward tonight, I thought to myself as we all started to leave.