8% It's not fat. It's chubby.

"Lacey."

Her name a sweet song like a tune you'd find yourself whistling to without even knowing.

The tight, disapproving face of an old man who looked a lot like Lacey appeared in his mind. He could already hear the whistle dying to a low straining puff.

What did her father think of him now? Bringing his daughter home past midnight.

Fear leaked into his heart but then he thought of her face again, the sweet tune flowing its way back, fighting to put a smile on his face.

And it won.

Love always won.

Because even though there were things that wanted to rip dreams apart like human extinction and scary fathers, a smile was a man's biggest weapon. That was what he father told him.

Yes, a smile held confidence, but his, this boy's smile held something much greater.

It held the love for Lacey.

And that night, whenever the boy felt down, whether it be struggling over homework, overcooking his dinner or washing his underwear with the pinks, he caught himself smiling for no reason.

That was when he realized he was thinking of her.

Lacey.

She's named after a piece of fabric.  How romantic.

"I just had about enough of you," the boy said out loud.  "I don't know who you are or how you got there, but I'm politely asking you to leave my brain alone." 

Pu-lease.  You won't even make it to first base without me.  

The boy collapsed on his bed, face staring up at the ceiling in confusion.  "I've lost my mind.  Is this what happens when you fall in love?  You start hearing people?" 

Yes.  And then your cells morph into little parasites, crawl into your blood stream and devour your cells,  deteriorating your flesh as you to die a slow, painful death.  

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm.  Now get out of my head!" 

Well I don't feel like moving.  I haven't been such a boring human mind before.  Us spirits are full of such fruitful life that being inside dull brain is thrilling.      

"Fine.  Whatever.  Just don't talk when Lacey is around." 

Hey, hey.  Who do you think came up with those witty lines?  You can't just go from a shitty-one-liner guy to Slick McGee.  That's like going from Seth Rogen to Zac Efron.  I got the washboard abs, sexy hair and mesmerizing eyes.  You got the fat heart.  We make a killer duo.  

"You're a spirit.  You don't have an appearance.  You're a voice in my head."

Hey, hey.  I'll have you know I've been the heads of legends.  Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Barney Stinson, and Justin Bieber.  How do think those guys got their charm?  I got magic shit, kid.  You won't be able to resist this power.  

"God, you're exhausting to keep an argument with." 

"HONEY!  Who are you talking to?" 

"Mom, I told you to knock before you come in.  It's impolite." 

"Sorry, sorry.  I just heard you talking..."

"No one, mom.  It's fine.  Close the door behind you!"

That's your MOM?  I'd tap that. 

"You disgust me."  

You'll grow to love it.