Timeskip to Beginning

A lot of things happened within the year. Scales sparred some more with Granberia, he also tried to help train Luka a little bit and hung out with him and became good friends, Tom became a famous hero and unlocked some more skills, Carl got his reward in the form of books instead of internet or streaming services, he made do with what he could, he also became a middle level hero, they mostly just lived their lives. Scales occasionally ate whatever corpses he could find, monster or human, monster tasted better. Then eventually the year timeframe was up and it was the beginning of the game.

Scales POV

So I was out as usual, looking for something to eat. When I saw Luka fighting a Slime Girl, sorta. He was just standing there staring into space.

Slime Girl: Why are you daydreaming?

I knew the answer to that, but what I was wondering was why the Slime Girl didn't take advantage of this moment. Then again she is literally brainless. I stuck around to see if Luka would make it pass the tutorial. After some flailing wildly and splattering the Slime everywhere, she ran away. Also some of her landed right next to me and since I was hungry, well, you can connect the dots. I figured I should congratulate Luka.

Scales: Congrats little dude! You beat your first monster!

Luka: Oh! Hey Scales! Did you see how I drove her off?

Scales: Yeah, that's why I said congrats.

Luka: Oh right. Well I'm glad I was able to protect my village and drive her away without killing her. Also what do you have in your mouth?

Scales: Some of the Slime Girl you just fought. Since she splattered everywhere and I was hungry I figured eh, why not?

Luka looked sick at that revaluation.

Luka: You...you eat other monsters!?

Luka: Relax, this isn't the first time I've done it. And it's only a small part, she'll survive. Also if your wondering she tastes like sour candy.

Luka: The fact that you've done this before and that you're ok with it greatly disturbs me.

Scales: Eh. It's technically not cannibalism if we're not the same species.

I shrugged.

Luka: Ok.....I need to get back to the village for my baptism.

Scales: Ok, see you soon little man.

I gave him a knowing smile, since I knew he wouldn't getting baptized at all and instead meet another snake monster. I walked around waiting for Alice to crash land. I put some fnf music on and just waited. Eventually I felt and heard Alice crash land and went over to meet her. I got to her before Luka did, she was still unconscious. I thought it would be funny to spit some sticky gum like venom in her hair. After I did that Luka showed finally showed up.

Scales: Oh, hey Luka. Guessing you felt that crash too?

Luka: Yes. Do you know what happened? It looks like this monster girl fell somehow.

Scales: I got here just a few minutes before you. How would I know what happened?

Luka: Oh, good point. Uhm, Ms. Monster? Are you dead?

Scales: If she's dead can I eat her corpse? I haven't tried Lamia yet.

Luka: We don't know if she's dead. Also if she is, please don't do it in front of me.

Scales: Eh, fiiiiiine.

Luka: What should i do? If she's still alive, if I don't help her. Don't you know anything that could help?