Alexander

My names Alexander, I'm 17. My absolute best friend, Darcy, is 16. Why do I bring her up in my introduction?

Darcy is the one person I could always go to, the girl I've always trusted. I never do anything without her advice, even buying shirts. It may sound toxic, but I always ask for her opinion, because it matters to me.

Things have changed lately. Everyday I go over to her house, just to see her. I have a class with her, but it's not enough.

She's absolutely gorgeous, of course, gorgeous black curls with an olive skin tone, and as strange as it may sound, various shades of green lipsticks. It drives me crazy.

Darcy's older sister, Netty, hangs around with us ever so often. Whenever she does, it's amazing. Bonding with her family, is amazing. Netty never once asked if Darcy and I were together, never once. She must've picked up on my crush.

Darcy and I were in class, when she asked the usual, "You should come over today."

And of course I responded, "If I don't drive your sister crazy."

It's a long standing joke between us, when we were younger Netty couldn't stand my existence. We were always pulling pranks, ranging from water balloons or stealing every earring pair, once even replace her plant filled room with pink, pretty aesthetics that she hated. Cost us a lot, but it was worth it to see her face.

I'd decided to confess to Darcy today. I was in love, and I didn't want to hide it anymore. Even if it risked our friendship, I had to do it.

School seemed like forever, the seconde going by all too slow. Check the clock at 1:30, half an hour later check again. 1:32.

Finally I'd met up with Darcy, and we walked to her house. I was shaking from head to toe, barely able to answer her, give her advice. I was terrified, trying to study her expression. She was in a good mood, maybe that would help.

When we got to her house, we went straight to her bedroom. I took my usual spot on the end of her bed, she took her spot in the hanging chair, her face peeking through the drapes I'd installed a few weeks before.

"You've been off, Alex, you okay?" Darcy asks, hanging upside down.

"I Uhm.." This was the moment. I've got to do it. "I'm in love."

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Darcy grins, her eyes sparkling. She twists her straight black hair, brushing her fingers through it. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"Hey Darcy, you forgot to give my lipstick back." Netty enters the room, taking her lime green lipstick from Darcy's desk. Her curls bounce as she leaves the room.

"It's Netty. I'm in love with Netty."

A/n: Huge thanks to @DisneyReferenceQueen for designing a new cover for the book! They've been a huge help and supporter in my other book as well. Love you all! <3