Chapter 16:Leaving

New Years' came quicker than I imagined.I slept in and when I woke up it was already 12p.m.I rubbed my eyes and dragged myself out of bed.I glanced at the mirror nearby.I looked horrible. My eyes were red and puffy, and my hair resembled a bird's nest.I groaned and dressed in my normal clothes again.It had become much warmer, as it neared spring.After I was done, I leapt down the stairs and searched the kitchen for something to eat.I ended up reheating last night's leftovers and eating it.Where was Paimon?I have never lived this long(since I arrived at Teyvat) without her nearby.

  "Paimon?"I asked.

  I guess everyone went out for lunch.Still, it felt surreal for me that Paimon was not here.I left the Serenitea Pot.Maybe I could locate them if I call Xiao.

  "Xiao?"I muttered.

  Xiao appears beside me.

  "So you finally woke up."He mutters.

  He sounds a little angry, maybe annoyed, also slightly strained.It must have been my behaviour last time.

  "I'm sorry about last night.I was just...distressed."I said, lowering my head.

  "It's fine, I understand."Xiao replies,"I'm fine with it."

  He is not fine with it.His eyes still look angry.No.I misread it.He's angry and worried, likely for me.

  "Look, I'm fine now.Cheer up, this is our last day together, after all."I said, smiling.

  Xiao bites his lip.The first thought I had after, though I find it embarrassing now, was how cute he was like that.Xiao nods.I kiss him, but this time, he's finally got the hand of it.Xiao does not stiffen up anymore when I do that like last time anymore.After a few minutes, we part, panting.

  "I love you."Xiao whispers, "I never thought I'd let myself say that but look at what's happening now."

  I chuckle.

  "What happened to that emotionless Yaksha that I met 4 months ago?"I asked,"I love you too."

                                                                     ˜"*°•.˜"*°• · •°*"˜.•°*"˜

  Ning Guang's New Years' Party might be the most extravagant of all her parties this year.Her entire house, exterior and interior, was totally transformed.Wine(which I made sure to avoid drinking)seemed to always be ready for you once one finishes they're glass, due to the wonderful services of the Waiters and Waitresses there.There was a giant clock fixed on the wall of the ballroom, ticking down the minutes to New Years'.Turns out, Paimon was gorging herself at Xiangling's the entire time before.At the five minutes' point, Ning Guang got onto a raised platform to perform a speech.Everyone present in the ballroom became silent. Everyone wanted to hear what wise words and what improvements Ning Guang wanted to do to Liyue next year.

  "Hello, my dear citizens of Liyue!It has been another wonderful year.This year, and I'm sure we can all agree, has been really hard for Liyue.Creatures infected with Bad Karma increasing and attacking all, the death of our beloved God, Lord Morax."Ning Guang said.

  There were sad sighs from the citizens of Liyue.Some shook their heads, and a few even broke into sobs.(and their friends patted their backs)

   "The crisis that was Osial, Lord of the Vortex.We managed to persevere and defeat all our enemies.It is all thanks to some wonderful people here within us.Xiao, whom killed every creature that is infested with Bad Karma, and worked tirelessly as always to exterminate them!"Ning Guang says.

  A round of applause breaks out among the people in the ballroom.Ning Guang pauses for awhile, before coughing a loud cough to clear her throat, silencing everyone.She waited till the applause died down before she spoke again.