Chapter 7:The Battle of Liyue

With a flash of lightning and the sound of thunder, a heavy rain starting pouring upon Liyue. People were still running away from the sea, but at this rate, I do not think they will make it in time until the waters swallowed up Liyue.I swept my wet hair away.

"Huh?He-He's already gone!"Paimon cried, "That Harbringer sure is fast!"

I looked up into the sky, the jade chamber was flying towards Osial.I had a bad feeling about it.

"Wha-What's going on?"Paimon asked.

Columns of swirling waterspouts create vortexes below them.The waterspouts rose higher and higher into the sky.If I had not known better, I would have thought it was a natrual disaster. Then, a creature of multiple heads made of what seemed to be glowing seawater and froth, burst out of the surface of the ocean.Osial.He was finally upon us.Seeing this ancient menace, the people of Liyue who were running screamed and yelled in fear.There has not been such a dangerous threat like this that Liyue had to face in the past two thousand years.It was no surprise that everyone was freaking out, and they had the right to do so.

"Paimon, we have to get up there somehow!I don't have a teleport point in the Jade Chamber as I've never been there before.Can you think of something?"I asked.

Paimon flew around nervously for a few seconds, thinking.

"Maybe you can use your anemo vision?"Paimon asked.

"That vision is nowhere near powerful enough to get me up there, I reckon only Venti can achieve that level of buoyancy and control in the sky with his anemo vision."I said, "And you know I am nowhere as powerful as my old self to be able to fly.Plus, I think you don't have enough-I am too heavy to be lifted by you up there."

Paimon's shoulders sagged.I was about to say Paimon did not have the strength to carry me up there but changed it at the last minute.We had to think of something.I could not just stand here while everyone on that Jade Chamber went and risked their lives saving Liyue.I don't want my friends to die.I don't want to go back and be perfect again.Then, I found that imperfection has a sort of beauty to it.These days, I'm broken, imperfect, and that made me depressed at first.However, I realised that being imperfect is what makes us human and that imperfection will urge me to be better.If I was not human, then I wish I was one.Humans can laugh at their mistakes, reflect over their imperfections.Imperfection gives life meaning, and this entire journey that I have been going on has been teaching me that.I met so many wonderful people which prosper even without visions and with imperfections.I used to be perfect, but maybe now I might be the most imperfect person of them all.I lost my old powers, and I feel like I don't necessarily need to get them back.I feel like Teyvat can be my home.And maybe a normal life here was not so bad after all.For some reason...I just wanted to be normal, maybe because my entire life was otherwise.I don't need my powers to lead a happy life.I just need my brother's presence and love.I realised that Home was where my brother was.All those years we spent, oblivious to this fact, travelling through dimensions was not needed.We were already at home, it was just that we did not realise it.Ever since I became imperfect, I have had trances like this where I think of what I am doing for my life, and my past mistakes.The ability to reflect upon your imperfections is a power in itself.And a powerful power it is, indeed.

Suddenly, a heard a yell from someone behind us.I turned to see Venti walking towards us, waving fervently.He jumps into my arms in a tight hug then jumps back, grinning.

"Venti!Your still here?"I asked, "I thought you left in the morning like the others!"

"I'm still here!I stayed up drinking with Morax till six in the morning!I was knocked out for the entire day so I only woke up a few minutes ago!I woke up to everyone screaming and running away from something.I didn't know what to make of it so I went to find you!"Venti chirped, "Oh and thanks for the suggestion yesterday!I drank so much that I forgot to attend the Lantern Rite Festival and meet up with you guys.The osmanthus wine at the bar you suggested me to go to yesterday was excellent!"