🪓-Hello Sunshine-📸

Caregiver: Masky/Brian
Little: Toby

-Toby POV -
The weight of the world seemed to press down on Toby's shoulders, making it increasingly difficult to slip into regression during the day. Work was relentless, demanding every ounce of his energy. He longed for moments of respite, and so he started setting aside time at night, when the world was quiet and everyone else was fast asleep. This was his sanctuary, a place where he could embrace his secret without fear of discovery.

-Masky/Tim POV -
A peculiar disturbance had been plaguing Tim's nights for the past week. He'd abruptly awaken to the faint sound of giggles, hauntingly innocent yet unnerving. At first, he tried to dismiss it, urging himself to drift back into slumber. But tonight, at the ungodly hour of 2 AM, he found himself unable to return to the realm of dreams. The laughter was intermittent, punctuated by the soft thud of small objects hitting the floor, followed by stifled fits of mirth.

-No one POV -
In Toby's room, the atmosphere was vastly different. He sat cross-legged on the floor, engrossed in his alphabet blocks. Each one was smooth and wooden, perfectly sized to fit in the palm of his hand. Toby relished the process of stacking them into words, only to revel in the raucous CRASH as they tumbled to the ground. It was pure, unadulterated joy, and he could giggle and laugh for hours.

Beside him lay his cherished plushie, Bear. It had weathered the years, with green patches where Toby's love had worn it thin. Bear was a gift from a time before everything changed, and now, when regression took hold, Toby couldn't bear to be separated from his faithful friend. After completing the word "duck" with his blocks, Toby's gaze shifted to the Agere box perched on the shelf. With a sense of anticipation, he stretched and reached, accidentally knocking the box to the ground with a CRASH that wasn't the playful delight he'd expected. It reverberated painfully in his ears, triggering a cascade of sensory discomfort.

Toby's hands flew to cover his ears, sobs wracking his small form. The fear surged, and he curled in on himself until he was fully regressed.

-Masky/Tim POV -
The sharp crash tore through the silence, jolting Tim from the edge of drowsiness. He sprang out of bed, senses on high alert. He tiptoed down the hallway, guided only by the faint sounds of sobbing. The source was clear - Toby's room.

Tim knocked gently on the door, his concern evident in his voice. "Hey Toby, are you okay? I've been hearing noises."

No response came, only the muffled weeping from within. Tim's worry heightened, and he turned the knob, slowly pushing the door open. The sight that met his eyes was not what he'd anticipated. There was Toby, a bundle of childlike vulnerability, tucked in a corner, tears streaming, ears still covered.

Tim knelt beside him, his voice soft and reassuring. "Hey sunshine, what's wrong?"

Toby's ears still throbbed painfully, every sound an assault. The knock on the door had been too much. He looked up, wide eyes filled with terror, only to see Tim, a stranger in this intimate moment. Panic surged, and all he could do was back away, stumbling until he hit the bed. His only solace was to dive beneath it, seeking refuge in shadows.

-Masky/Tim POV -
Gently, Tim reassured him, "It's okay, sweetheart. You're safe. I know you're regressed right now. Will you come out?"

No movement. Tim glanced around, noticing the box of toys and the oversized pacifier. It all made sense. He reached for the pacifier, extending it toward Toby. "Is this what you were looking for earlier?"

Toby hesitated before taking the offered comfort, the soothing rhythm of sucking providing a lifeline in the overwhelming moment.

-Masky/Tim POV -
Tim watched as Toby relaxed, tiny fingers reaching out, their plea for comfort clear. With a soft chuckle, Tim pulled him from his hiding place. The tight embrace was unexpected, a thud of trust against Tim's chest.

"Hey buddy, it's nice to see you warming up to me," Tim murmured.

"You scared me," Toby admitted, tears still streaming down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, little one. That was never my intention," Tim assured, his fingers gently brushing Toby's hair.

Silence settled, broken only by Toby's renewed tears.

-Shhh, what's wrong?- Tim's voice was tender, rocking Toby gently.

"Bear... tic... need him," Toby choked out, the beginnings of a meltdown on the horizon.

-Masky/Tim POV -
Swiftly, Tim retrieved the bear from its spot, but before he could react, Toby had latched on, reclaiming his cherished companion.

"Feeling better?" Tim asked, receiving a nod in response.

Fatigue swept over Toby, evident in the yawn that escaped him.

Tim smiled, "Looks like someone's ready for bed."

He scooped Toby up, cradling him, and carried him to his room. Gently tucking him in, Tim spoke softly, "You don't mind sleeping in my room tonight, do you? I want to keep an eye on you."

But he was met with the sound of peaceful slumber. Tim chuckled softly, running a gentle hand through Toby's hair. "Goodnight, sunshine."