6

My head is about to explode. I don't understand anything anymore. What is happening? What happened to him? He wouldn't burn in ordinary silver. But why did I hear her voice? Was it her spell? Did it activate again because of the situation?

What happened?

"We have no time for your grievance right now." My another source of headache. I did return to Midnight Palace, I don't know why I immediately went here after what happened. "Did he tell you anything about the seer?"

I think I would like to kill this Ajax.

"Rainy Lake. He said that the seer, she came from rainy lake."

"I'll make preparations then. Wait here." And he left.

To say that I am confused is an understatement. The world of guardians are beyond comprehension.

*Thud*

My senses were alerted by the sudden sound. My eyes darted towards the other door inside the room. I wasn't really paying attention to it but somehow, I am curious. I was opening the door when I realized my action. What am I doing?

But I can hear shuffling from inside. Without anymore thought I opened the door.

The first thing there is, is a bed with medical apparatus around. Do vampires need those? Then a light casted from what appears to be... a large window on my right. And...

*Thud*

A small figure sits on the floor. Hands holding their head. As if it... the table above where the small figure is, evidents that they just bump their head. There is a wheelchair next to the table and a book which is underneath the table. A patient who drops a book then tried to take it, and bumps their head. I suppose.

"Are you alright?"

The person did not say a word but continued to rub their head. While their other hand tried to reach the book. Their hand is in bandage.

"I'll get it." I took the book and handed it to them. They immediately cling onto it. Almost the whole body is covered in bandage.

"Let me help you." I don't know if I saw a nod or they were just rubbing their head.But I continued to carefully lift the person and sat them on the wheelchair.

"Careful now." My eyes wandered to the view of the window. The image of when I was entering this place flashed back. It was the same view with the other room but this is more similar to what I saw.

*Thump**Thump*

My heart started beating.

*Thump*

This feeling. I reluctantly look to my left. Half the face is covered by the long hair, head has some bandage. But her right eye. That golden color.

"Laine." I mumbled.

"Laine." I fully faced her.

My knees buckling. What... How...

"L-- Laine."

"Wrong." A voice from behind made me stand. It was just Ajax.

"Guess again?" What? He nod towards her.

I stared back at my Laine. But something is... not right.

My head aches again.

A dark room,

Someone was saying something,

It was....

"Lucy." She stared back as if answering from that name. "I don't understand."

"Neither do I. Can we talk over here?" He motioned for the door.

"But..."

"Don't worry she can't leave. Come on."

"I'll be right back, okay?" I followed Ajax to the other room but just beside the door of her room.

"Tell me, what happened? Why is she here? Who is Lucy? Why is she--"

"Dreams." I stopped hearing that word. "Nightmares, if you will." How did he know about that? "If you are thinking if I can read minds, no. But I suppose it is more useful if I could."

"How did you know then?"

"Because I, too, have them. The room with the silver chains, repeatedly for months. Until I couldn't take it and searched for it. Found it by accident with her, chained. Apparently, our nightmares or at least some of them, are her vision. "That nightmare stopped recently, because we found her. She has severe burns all over her body. I don't know how long she's been there. Worst theory is years, her burn marks are due to constant healing and burning. She might be one of yours but I doubt it is as simple as that. Because there is another nightmare. And what your father became, I think something is about to happen."

"The monsters?"

"I was not planning to tell you this, but I suppose I have no other choice. The vampires are affected by the sun again. Like our ancestors. And your father, became like your ancestors."My ancestors? The ancestors of werewolves are...

"Lycan?"

He nod.

"The blood moon. It must mean that the ancient blood is resurfacing. We, guardians, are not affected. Yet. But if both our kinds are affected, the others must also be. Another thing is your predecessor looks the same with Lucy. I couldn't find an answer what is her role on this and if she also connected with the other guardians as well."

"I doubt that. I was with... the Guardian Fairy, she did not have the same nightmares as I had or have. She did not say anything about any problems with the fairies."

"Then, why is it only limited to us? Why are there exceptions?"

I peeked towards Lucy who is silently reading a book.

"What did she say?"

"Luce? Nothing. She never said a word. I don't even think if she can understand anything other than her name, let alone, remember how she got there."

"Then, why does she look like Laine? If she's not her."

"I don't know. But whatever the reason is, something has started."