Chapter Two | Different

LUCIAN

For a five year old kid who hasn't eaten chocolates for more than months was quite a big task. My parents never came for me and I kept ticking off the days on the calendar.

The first few weeks were okay but they slowly bled into a nightmare which started the day I dared opened their refrigerator and found some chocolates inside.

I was dying for them and I didn't think twice before taking one our gyr before I could even get a taste of it, it was snatched away by a furious looking Carsten. "That's mine!"

"S-sorry...can I take...a small...piece of it?"

"Daddy!" He shouted and in a moment his father appeared whose name I learnt was Hanniel King.

"What is it, Carsten?"

Carsten pointed at me and accused. "He took my chocolates without my permission."

I opened my mouth to defend myself but nothing came out, afterall I was a scared little kid who was abandoned by his parents.

Mr King glowered down at me and in the next second he had slapped me. Hard enough for my lower lip to burst open and a cry escaped my mouth.

"This is not your house! You can't touch whatever you want freely. Nothing in here is yours and you will only take what's given to you."

My lips were bleeding and my cheek stinging badly and I was sent to a state of shock to the point where I wasn't even breathing.

Mr Kind gave me one last glare and walked away with Carsten trailing behind him.

My parents, though not loving, never raised a hand on me cause for them I hardly existed. And in that moment I couldn't decide what was better: existing or not existing?

When a drop of blood trickled down my chin and onto my white shirt, I just stared at it, my body turning pake due to holding in my breath for too long.

A kid, a five year old kid should never have the urge of dying, should never have any suicidal thoughts but for me death seemed hopeful because maybe then my parents would come back for me.

I kept holding my breath and soon my vision turned black and I collapsed.

I dreamt of being united back with my parents, I dreamt of leaving this horrible place but when my eyes fluttered opened, all these dreams shattered into million pieces.

My fingers unconsciously brushed my lips and I sighed finding it not bleeding anymore but it stinged.

The door to my room was slammed opened and I jumped in fear as Mr King walked in and on seeing me awake, he gripped my chin in between his fingers harshly to the point it hurt. "Don't fucking pull this trick ever again."

That's all he said to me and left me alone and I was denied dinner that night as a lesson.

It was just the beginning of it all.
.
.
.

Mr King had anger issues and despite being wealthy was a mean bastard.

If I thought that slap was harsh, I was not prepared for what all came next.

I once accidentally touched one of Carsten's cars because I was fascinated by it and I was kicked in my chest for it and my ribs ached for days.

I refused to cry, over the course of months I learnt to control my tears because boys don't cry even if they endure physical torture.

Then on another occasion when once in a blue moon I was taken out on a family picnic not like their member but as a servant, but I grew up to see the bright side of things so I was happy to go out so what if I had to pick up their garbage.

All Of Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें