Hank scoffed, pointing his thumb at the pair of Androids, "Yeah, that was the plan until this pair of assholes found me"

The officer glanced between him and the Androids hesitantly, "So... you got yourself not one but two androids, huh?"

A mocking laugh came from the Lieutenant's mouth, glancing at the RKs "Oh, very funny" he said dryly, following the cop inside, now being serious. "Just tell me what happened"

Without looking at each other, Cora and Connor followed behind, hands neatly folded behind their backs as they tuned in to the debrief.

"We had a call around eight from the landlord. The tenant hadn't paid his rent for a few months, so he thought he'd drop by, see what was going on… That’s when he found the body…"

"Jesus, that smell!" As soon as they walked in, the Androids noticed the way Hank scrunched his nose in disgust while the officer cringed just slightly, seemingly at the smell.

The Androids seemed unfazed. Cora tilted its head. Connor simply looked around.

"Was even worse before we opened the windows" the officer, Ben said dryly before continuing "The victim’s name's Carlos Ortiz. He has a record for theft and aggravated assault-"

Updating mission status

- Review evidence

- Listen to debriefing

Cora walked further into the room, keeping its auditory sensors tuned in the debrief as it's mission stated, eyes landing on the slumped deceased figured against the wall, watching a bunch of flies swarm around the body.

[Scanning...]

[Scan completed]

DECEASED

Ortiz, Carlos

HEIGHT: 5'6" WEIGHT: 286.6 lbs

Estimated time of death: - 11:30 PM

This must be from where the unpleasant smell for the humans come from, Cora deduced after examining briefly the body. It's olfactory sensors picked up the coppery scent of the blood but nothing unpleasant triggered through its systems.

Cora knelt besides the body while Connor glanced around the scenario of the home, noticing the trashing and how unorganized it was.

Connor's head tilted aside. Didn't he own a household android? Systematic errors impeding it from completing its tasks?

"According to the neighbors, he was kind of a loner" Ben continued as Cora kept its eyes scanning the body for evidence, 28 stabs wounds. "Stayed inside most of the time, they hardly ever saw him"

Hank hummed, letting out a gruff sound "Uh, state he’s in... Wasn’t worth calling everybody out in the middle of the night… Could've waited 'til morning"

Connor noticed officer Ben give a slight shrug of his shoulders, "I'd say he's been there for a good three weeks. We'll know more when the coroner gets here. There's a kitchen knife over here" Connor walked toward the marked evidence, glancing down at the knife "Probably the murder weapon"

Cora stood, turning to face them.

"Any sign of a break-in?" Hank asked.

Ben shook his head, "Nope… The landlord said the front door was locked from the inside, all the windows were boarded up" He pointed toward the back door, Hank and the Androids following "The killer must've gone out the back way"