Chapter 10

Eddie's POV:

Buck throws the door open and grins. "Lilith here?" He asks casually. I raise an eyebrow at him and shake my head. He immediately frowns and looks at the door. "She didn't come? I guess Callie didn't want to go..." Buck mutters. I stare at him in confusion.

"Buck what are you talking about?" I ask.

"I invited Lilith and Callie to dinner. Lilith looked a little worried about it when I mentioned it so I guess Callie didn't want to come," Buck frowns and Chris comes wandering out.

"Calliana Walker?" Chris asks quietly. "She's on the red carpet!" Chris exclaims happily. We both turn to him in surprise.

"What?" Buck asks.

"She's on the red carpet!" Chris says, clearly getting tired of our confusion. He turns on the tv and flips through the channels until Calliana fills our screen. Buck frowns and immediately pulls out his phone to text Lilith.

"What..." 

"This was such an amazing opportunity! I loved filming this and it sends such a positive message to the world. The cast is just so amazing I really can't wait for everyone to see it," I freeze at the voice and turn to the camera again. I wait until Callie talks again. 

"Callie, can you tell us anything about the movie? Any spoilers?" The interviewer asks. Callie laughs and I frown as I realize. 

"That's not Callie," I mutter. 

"I wish but I really can't. I swear it's almost like I'm going to see it for the first time myself. I really don't know much," Lilith laughs again and Buck frowns turning to the screen. 

"Is that Lilith?" Buck asks. I nod and we both frown at the tv as Lilith walks away from the interviewer. "Why is she on the red carpet?" There is a knock on the door and I go to answer it. I swing the door open and frown at Lilith. 

"Hi... Um, Buck sent me your address?" Lilith is watching me nervously. Crutches sound behind me and I turn to find Chris grinning. 

"Lily!" Chris exclaims giving her a hug. Lilith crouches to return the hug and she carefully picks him up. 

"Hey Bud," She says happily. I watch her cautiously. "Um, Eddie did I do something wrong again?" Lilith asks. I stare at her in confusion. "Your glaring at me again," She says slowly putting Chris down. 

"We saw you on TV!" Chris says happily. Lilith tenses and nods curtly. 

"That was actually my sister! Calliana," Lilith says trying hard to speak casually. 

"But Daddy and Bucky said it was you?" Chris says confused. Lilith looks at me in confusion. 

"We recognized your laugh," Buck says seriously from behind me. Lilith tenses even more and takes a step back. "Care to explain why you were there instead of your sister?" Buck's voice softens but he is still watching her cautiously. 

"Callie was sick and couldn't miss the premiere and since we share a face she begged me to go instead," Lilith shrugs.

"Wanna come inside? We haven't eaten yet," I say quietly. Buck looks at me in surprise and Lilith nods slightly. She slowly walks inside and Chris happily follows. He starts dragging Lilith around showing her everything. Lilith follows along and smiles as Chris excitedly shows her his latest lego creation. Lilith listens intently and grins as Chris holds up a lego blob. 

"Why do I still feel uneasy?" Buck asks coming up behind me. I shrug and wait as Chris finishes showing Lilith his stuff. 

"Alright Superman, dinnertime!" Buck says, with a quick glance at me. I open my mouth as Buck carries Chris into the other room. I turn back to Lilith whose smile has turned into a frown. 

"Why did you actually go to the premiere?" I ask slowly. 

"Callie couldn't," Lilith says with a shrug. I frown and wait for Lilith to elaborate. She sighs before she answers. "Callie can't do premieres," Lilith says with another sigh. "They literally cause her panic attacks. So we've reached an agreement that I do all the premieres so that she doesn't panic and I don't know ruin her entire reputation," Lilith shrugs. I frown and sigh. 

"So you do it by choice?" I prod. Lilith tenses slightly but nods. "Alright so long as it's a choice," I say with a shrug. Lilith nods again and doesn't say anything. I try not to frown and turn to get dinner. I swing the door open and frown at Buck. He raises an eyebrow and I shake my head. Chris is chattering to Buck now eagerly telling him about his day. When Lilith and I walk in Chris turns to her with a smile. 

"Lily! Come sit next to me!" Buck raises an eyebrow at me and I grin. 

"What did you just call her?" Buck asks. 

"Lily?" Chris says confused. 

"Can we call you that?" Buck asks. Lilith shakes her head and we both frown. 

"Nope! Chris is special," Lilith says with a smile. Buck frowns and I tilt my head at Lilith in confusion. 

"Why can't we call you that?" I ask. Lilith hesitates and shrugs. 

"Not a big fan of nicknames..." I glance at Buck who immediately frowns.  He doesn't say anything but we can both tell that she's lying. Lilith doesn't say anything but sits there and waits. 

"So we can't call you like Lil or something?" Buck asks casually.

"If you want to?" Lil says with a shrug. "No guarantee I'm going to answer to it," Lil winks at Chris who is happily eating. 

Lilith's POV:

"How was your day Daddy?" Chris asks excitedly. Buck starts telling Chris all about our day while Eddie and I eat. Chris grins excitedly when Buck starts telling him about the kid in the car. I struggle not to flinch as Buck describes it. I close my eyes for a second as memories flash behind my eyelids. I slowly open my eyes and paste on a smile as Buck keeps talking. I risk a glance at Eddie and smile as he seems oblivious to my secrets. The 118 are clearly very close and they don't need my issues to screw anything up. I quickly finish eating and smile at the boys as they all get up.

"Thank you for the food. It was delicious," I say quickly, walking towards the door. 

"You're leaving?" Chris asks. "I thought we were gonna play video games," Chris frowns and I glance at the door. When I turn back to the boys all three of them are staring at me with puppy dog eyes. 

"Yeah, Lil. We were gonna play video games," Eddie says, a teasing tone evident in his voice. "Are you really going to leave us all by ourselves?" 

Eddie's POV: 

Lil hesitates again and I struggle not to smile. We are clearly winning her over but she hesitates again. "I should really check on Callie..." Lil says slowly. 

Buck smiles and leans forward. "Text her," Buck says casually. Lil sighs and smiles. 

"What are we playing?" She asks finally. All three of us cheer and dart into the living room with Lil trailing behind. Lil then proceeds to demolish all of us in Mario Kart with a grin. When Chris finally passes out buck and Lil leave quietly and I smile as I close the door.

Authors note:

I am soo sorry that it took so long to update. College is surprisingly busy and difficult... who knew? But jokes aside I really am sorry it took so long it shouldn't happen again for a little bit but college life is unpredictable so my updating schedule should be a little erratic for a bit.