IV. 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝐕𝐈𝐀

𝐕𝐈𝐀

As the dragon dissolved, leaving small fragments of gold and orange energy floating through the chill air, I dropped. I squeaked, preparing my rear end for the impact of the Bounty's deck, but it never came. I wasn't even surprised when I felt Cole's arms suddenly slip themselves under my knees and behind my shoulders, catching me bridal-style.

He gently set my feet down on the polished wood beneath us. I cleared my throat; my mouth ran dry from screaming during the ride. I mustered a grateful smile and sent it his way, "Th...Thank you."

Cole whipped his mask over his head, and I was once again frozen. I gazed rather unsubtly at his features, subconsciously committing every detail to memory. His skin tone was a dark tan, with the remnants of scars and bruises littering his complexion here and there. His ebony black hair framed his face perfectly; a mop of fluffy, disheveled hair that I totally should have expected.

I think I stared a bit too long at his face, because I heard him chuckle and say, "If you take a picture, it might last a little longer."

My ears felt hot as I stumbled for a response, "I-- I was just..."

A kind smile spread across his lips. Oh, his SMILE-- "Hey, I was just teasing. No need to get all worked up."

"Right. Sorry." I ripped my gaze from his honey-colored eyes and examined the deck of the ship. Two masts extended from their stands into the air, hoisting sails into the air on either side of the pole-- I counted three sails in the sky above me, so I guessed there was another mast towards the back of the ship. A rope was tied between the masts, with decorative lanterns hanging from it as a light source. A large grate sat in the middle of the floor, but I didn't get the chance to peek into it.

Cole caught my attention by saying, "Welcome to the Destiny's Bounty! Just the humble abode of Ninjago's infamous protectors," he held his arms out, as if he was a realtor showing a potential buyer a house.

"It's incredible," I said. It was true; I really liked the old-fashioned style it had.

Roars-- similar to the one Cole's dragon had made-- erupted in the air underneath the Bounty. Cole sidestepped to look over the edge of the airship's railing, and I followed suit, cautiously peeking out over the side. I didn't have time to admire the city's beautiful nighttime appearance, because a bright red dragon sped upwards-- a narrow six inches from my face.

I squealed, jumping back and accidentally hitting Cole's arm, but he seemed unbothered; both by the new red dragon, and me bumping into him. A turquoise dragon came after the red one, followed by a dark blue, then a light blue, and then a green dragon. The assault of energy-reptiles subsided, so I guessed there were only those ones left. Immediately the thought sprung to my mind and I felt foolish for not realizing it earlier: this was Cole's team.